Business Development...what next?

. if I have to pay an extra 3% to use a credit/debit card, I'm not doing it. :) Now, if a place offers a 3% DISCOUNT for cash, that's a different story.

Ummm, Waday that place that offers the 3% discount for cash likely has the 3% card fee built into the price. They're just giving you the amount that would have gone to the card company. So, in essence you're paying the convenience fee on every credit card purchase. I get a part of that back by using cash back cards.:anonymous:
Oh, I get that. And I was trying to hint at that for the OP without blatantly stating the obvious, LOL.

I know its perception, but it makes me mad when I see it. Credit cards have been around for how many decades now and are the norm for many people. Businesses should accept them without providing an additional surcharge. Those are overhead costs that should be BUILT INTO the price you're giving me. As soon as you start adding fees and surcharges, I feel like I'm back at the car dealership...

Probably people don't see you as a sales person but more as a passionate artist. :)

Or in my case they see me more as FREE. LOL

...if I have to pay an extra 3% to use a credit/debit card,..
Then the retailer is almost certainly violating the TOS agreement with the CC. Pretty much every electronic payment service used in a commercial/retail setting has a codicil that makes adding a surcharge for the use of their card, or capping the amount you will allow them to pay by CC a violation (ask me... I've royaly pi$$ed off a couple of car dealers by insisting on paying for my vehicle with Visa).

The best solution for small businesses like yours IMO, is Square. Quick, trouble-free, and reasonable per-use fees.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back