Business name help

officersdr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm starting my own wedding photography business in my spare time. This is my 1st time doing anything with photography aside from a hobby for years. I want my business name to be something directed towards the wedding business. I will be priced cheaper than most due to my lack of experience.

Any suggestions would be great. All you creative types please chime in here.

I'm starting my own wedding photography business in my spare time. This is my 1st time doing anything with photography aside from a hobby for years. I want my business name to be something directed towards the wedding business. I will be priced cheaper than most due to my lack of experience.

Any suggestions would be great. All you creative types please chime in here.

Soigné Studios

soigné (adjective) - (pronounced swan YAY) polished and well-groomed; showing sophisticated elegance

I will be priced cheaper than most due to my lack of experience.
I would reconsider that. I took a course about wedding photography and what it takes to get started. The instructor said that the biggest reason that people failed to keep their companies going was that they didn't charge enough.

Personally it doesn't really matter if my prices even jump to the average price. I'm doing this on my days off from my career and the money is just a bonus to buy new and better equipment.

Any other suggestions on names?

Soigné Studios

soigné (adjective) - (pronounced swan YAY) polished and well-groomed; showing sophisticated elegance
Definitely not this... any name that you have to actually define for people to know what it means... should be avoided.

I'd go simple: Jane Doe Photography

Resist the temptation to get cute with your name.

I had the hardest time finding a name myself but in turn found something that had meaning to myself and i could by both the hyphenated and scrunched up version of the domain name. I didn't want to out right use my name just becuase its way to long so i went with something in my ethnic background.

I would use your own name for you biz but if you dont want to do that then I would suggest looking into things that have meaning to you personally as inspiration for a biz name.

One consideration - available website names. You'll want to be sure your ideal .com is available before finalizing a name.

I would think including your real name would be important, at least in the second line such as 'BUSINESS NAME', photography by 'your name'. That way if people google your name the business will come up. Plus then you can use yourname.com as well as businessname.com to ensure people are able to find you when searching.

One consideration - available website names. You'll want to be sure your ideal .com is available before finalizing a name.
if possible get both the hyphenated and scrunched up versions too. This is what stopped me right in my tracks will getting my own biz name. AND

The scrunched up version is great for advertising but having that redirected to the hyphenated version will help people find you through internet searches because search engines can read the individual words of your domain.
I would think including your real name would be important, at least in the second line such as 'BUSINESS NAME', photography by 'your name'. That way if people google your name the business will come up. Plus then you can use yourname.com as well as businessname.com to ensure people are able to find you when searching.
great idea...I hadn't thought of that. I just purchased my name as a domain and didn't know what to do with it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back