Business name thoughts

LaLO929

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you think that having a business name sounds more professional if you use your name (in some sort of way)? Or do you think having a name like "Reflection Photos" or "Moments of Time Photography" have the same effect?

Probably depends on what you real name is. If it sounds good or is memorable, I'd stick with your name. If you make up a business name, it should also be unique and memorable ("Reflections" and "Moments" are not).

Am memorable name does not have to sound good (Gary Vay-ner-chuck)

Melissa

Do you think that having a business name sounds more professional if you use your name (in some sort of way)? Or do you think having a name like "Reflection Photos" or "Moments of Time Photography" have the same effect?

I would use your name. I personally get turned off by all the cutesy names out there... or worse, the names that think they're clever but aren't.

I agree with the bove people. I almost laughed when I heard someone say that their photography name is "Oh Snap Photography". just stick with your name

Name is better in my opinion...I would rather someone know my name than a generic business name.

I think it would somehow depend on what you do, if you're doing portraits, then add words or phrases that appeal to emotion, or if you think you can do anything, then your name.

If it's just your business (you don't have a whole slew of photogs working for you, etc), I'm of the 'name' or 'initials' camp. Personally, I chose to add 'Studios' rather than 'Photography' to my name because half the business appears to be ending up doing custom pub and web design work and only half being photography.

As relevant as a name of a business is, it is your work that will make you money. If you Google "whats in a business name", there is 190,000,000 links.

You think "Google", saw the future when they were sitting around drunk thinking of business names?

My comment on this is, whatever you pick, remember a domain address like "MomentsCapturedInTimeOnAPieceOFPhotographicPaper.com" is annoying.

My comment on this is, whatever you pick, remember a domain address like "MomentsCapturedInTimeOnAPieceOFPhotographicPaper. com" is annoying.
Could not agree more. I'd start with a whois search for branding my business. Generally anything good is already taken.

Personally, I branded my business with my name. My last name is green and my company name is Fresh Green Media - freshgreenmedia dot com I do my photo work under tyler green photography - tylergreenphoto dot com

I spent hrs and hrs and hrs searching for freshgreenmedia dot com doing whois searches and looking up words in a thesaurus.

Name is better in my opinion...I would rather someone know my name than a generic business name.

I totally agree, that's what I'm doing (in the process of getting an "imaging" company started myself. . .) Names to me, as long as you frame it well, can carry a personal touch, something important in the art of photography. . .

Ok, what if you've got a common name? I've been stressing over this lately too. My name is Christy Martin. There is a Christy Martin photography, CM photography, I've even thought about Christy Photography, but have seen a different version of spelling "Christy" on this very site.

Ok, what if you've got a common name? I've been stressing over this lately too. My name is Christy Martin. There is a Christy Martin photography, CM photography, I've even thought about Christy Photography, but have seen a different version of spelling "Christy" on this very site.

Christy Martin Digital Images . com
Christy Martin Images . com
ChristyM Images . com

All noted as available at WHOIS.

cmdigital . com was taking a while to load, so I left.

I guess you're not christymartin.com, so what about:

PhotographyByChristyMartin.com
PhotosByChristyMartin.com
ImagesByChristyMartin.com

Mel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back