Busy weekend at the beach

Good shot! The only thing I would critique is blown out portion at the top of your picture. It is the brightest part of the image and the eyes get drawn directly to it immediately, detracting from the subject.

thanks for the opinion!

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

wow, nice shoot

That first show would be awesome if in landscape orientation, for me. Brazil is a dream destination for me!

Nice shots, as are the rest of your set from Brasil.

You really captured the emotion of that beach for me! I'm getting claustrophobic just viewing it!!!!

That looks miserable!

Love the photos! Really great shots!

You really captured the emotion of that beach for me! I'm getting claustrophobic just viewing it!!!!

That looks miserable!
Yep, I just added it to my list of places to stay away from, so thanks for showing me what I'll never go to see in person.
Imagine the smell...

That looks miserable!

Long lenses compress the subject. So there is more room between umbrellas than appears in the photos.
Weekend on Ipanema Beach - Rio de Janiero by Phil Marion, on Flickr
Brasilian beaches are fun because people are friendly and relaxed. Vendors bring beer and food right to you. People are social and it is better than going to a bar....well actually it IS a bar - on the beach. Lpk at the people. They are happy, friendly and social. Much different than North American beaches. I'd rather be packed on Ipanema or Copacabaa with 10,000 Brasilians than be on Coney Island with 10 locals

Thank you for taking these photos, as I'll never visit the place. Great shots.

Most reactions

Back