Butterfly and bird day

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I was hiking my favorite trail along Spring Creek playing with the new camera and setting my bracket sequences up for DOF etc. Didn't see any new wildflowers blooming, but some butterflies and a Scarlet Tanager gave me some practice. The butterflies are a Pearl Crescent, a Long Dash Skipper and a Red Spotted Purple
IMGP1150.ps.l.jpg
IMGP1173.ps.l.jpg
IMGP1189.ps.l.jpg
IMGP1248.ps.l.jpg
IMGP1251.ps.l.jpg
IMGP1254.l.jpg
. The third shot of the Tanager was a bugger since he's directly under the limb in deep shadow and I'm shooting into the sun. Had to pull it out using LR.

Last edited:
You did well getting the Tanager. They are an elusive little bugger. They usually inhabit the treetops and you'll only see a flash of red as they fly away!

Nice set. I wish I would see a scarlet tanager around here. Supposedly they are but if they're close by they must hide real well.

Nice set. I wish I would see a scarlet tanager around here. Supposedly they are but if they're close by they must hide real well.
They're a deep woods bird. The bird in this shot is surrounded by hundreds of acres of trees. I've never seen one out in an open area that I can recall.

That scarlet tangier is a beautiful bird that i have never seen before..thanks for sharing..butterfly was awesome too

Most reactions

Back