Butterfly ... not.

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, we decided to drop by the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory ... last week we went to the Waterloo Region Museum, to take a look at the local heritage exhibits as they have a nice historical village (though I will have to go back ... I grabbed my camera bag but left my camera on the dining room table) and on the way home we passed by the Butterfly place.

It is not as large as the Butterfly place in Niagara ... though the birds they have were the main feature. They had these little Quails running about, very cute when they have sand baths at your feet ... sadly I did not take a picture (possibly Serena will add one to this post) ... anyway, I will go back just for the birds.

Didn't hit best focus, but thought it was a nice shot to display.

?Birds
by Dennis, on Flickr

Wow. Those are odd. They have beaks like a grosbeak almost. What exactly are they? Male and female? Nice pic.

That was one of the first places I went after I got my camera. Those birds are called Society Finches. Wish I had my macro lens when I went there.

Some tropical bird ... I did not read the documentation on what species they had there.

Brent, the butterfly exhibit at Niagara is better ... I liked this place for the little birds ... though in Niagara you can hit both the Butterfly and Bird place on the same trip.

Some tropical bird ... I did not read the documentation on what species they had there.

Brent, the butterfly exhibit at Niagara is better ... I liked this place for the little birds ... though in Niagara you can hit both the Butterfly and Bird place on the same trip.

I've been meaning to go to both places at Niagara.

Frigggggg, Brent ... I though you've shot everywhere in Ontario.
Yeah, you will really like both of those places.

Frigggggg, Brent ... I though you've shot everywhere in Ontario.
Yeah, you will really like both of those places.

:smile: I have gone so many times to Niagara Falls when visiting relatives come by, they all want to go, that I got so tired of it and can't get myself enthusiastic about it. I figure I'll wait for the next relative to visit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back