Buttermilk Country

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few different treatments and crops of pretty much the same thing as I scootched through Buttermilk during a sunrise. I'm not sure why they call it that, except maybe it's a little lumpy.

400c0025.jpg

400c0034.jpg

600-0001.jpg

600-0013.jpg

600-0035.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Both 3 and 4 stand out to me, I like what you have done with these. :thumbup:

Wonderful job balancing the dark areas to the lighted hills witout blowing out the exposure of the sky. Did you PS them much?
Cosmo

cosmonaut said:
Wonderful job balancing the dark areas to the lighted hills witout blowing out the exposure of the sky. Did you PS them much?
Cosmo

Not that much. #1 suffered the worse of PS. Mostly what I did was bring in the white and black on the levels into the meat of the histogram, then brighten up the foreground. The sky looked good, so I didn't mess with it. In a couple I brightened up the yellow-orange blossoms on the rabbitbrush. #3 was taken first, before sunrise. I applied a warming filter in PS
-Thanks.

One thing you should really consider trying is layering. Overlay the same picture on top of itself. It will make your colors pop. Go to your layers tab and drag and drop the little picture to the layer icon and the select multiply, and adjust the opacity fill layer down until you are like what you see. It works wonders.... Great composition on your pictures too.

Most reactions

Back