Buy and Sell section rules

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to the Buy and Sell section of the forums.
All ads must contain

1) At least one photo of each product being sold
We would also advise, but do not require, that users put their user name and the date on a slip of paper in the photo to help prove authenticity.

2) All ads for sale must have a clear sale price stated. This can be a fixed value or a range if you prefer.

Rules

1) This section is only for the use of personal sales by non-commercial entities of photographic items. If you are a retailer wishing to sell on the forums you must contact our administration team to arrange for advertising rights. Failure to do so in advance of posting advertisements is likely to see your posts deleted and your account banned.
To contact the administration team please send a private message to 4Nines

2) The forum administration takes no responsibility for upholding the offers made in the Buy and Sell section. We simply provide the means for potential interested parties to contact each other. All trades are done at user discretion.

3) All to sell ads must come with at least one photo of each product being sold. This photo must be taken by the seller and must be of the actual item being sold. Anyone caught using product photos from news/retail/other sources will have their ad removed and may well be banned from the site.

We would also advise, but do not require, that users put their user name and the date on a slip of paper in the photo to help prove authenticity.

4) All ads for sale must have a clear sale price stated. This can be a fixed value or a range if you prefer. This to to help avoid the section being used by people simply scoping the market for prices instead of actively looking to trade.

5) Please do not repeatedly post to your own advertisements to "bump" them up in the page view. This is only acceptable if your advertisement has fallen off the first page.

6) We encourage members to post full details in their advertisements; please remember to include the country/state you are in; price/acceptable trades; full details of contents and conditions of items for sale; acceptable payment methods; regions the seller is willing to trade to (eg local only; national post; international post).
Photos showing the condition of items for sale are also advised.

7) When sales are completed please post to your thread to confirm that the sale is completed to prevent further communication regarding the sale. Note it is also acceptable to pm mods to have the thread locked upon completion of sale (though this is not required).

8) Sales of Adobe Student/Teacher Edition software are not allowed at TPF, because re-selling Adobe Student/Teacher Edition software violates Adobe's Student/Teacher Edition EULA, and terms of Adobe's product License Transfer Policy - Transfer an Adobe product license.

Advice to users of the Buy and Sell section.

Remember all trades here are done at your own risk, however you can take measures to reduce the risk to yourself with trading, including the following;

1) Whilst it's no guarantee, trading with members who have an established forum presence is advised. Generally contributing members to a community are less likely to scam the community; check post counts, registered dates etc...

2) Reject any offers that sound dodgy; examples include:
a) Payment by non-traceable methods - eg Western Union transfers
b) Offers to pay far more than the listed price for the item

3) Use protected methods to pay - paypal - creditcards - ebay.

4) The use of a legitimate mediation company (users own responsibility to check validity of said company - always use google and search for the legitimate website, don't auto trust links given to you). Note this will come with additional costs and time delays.

5) Sellers may wish to list ebay accounts if they hold good feedback and standing even if the trade is not taking place on ebay. Note that buyers should always confirm the status of the account holder of the listed ebay account by messaging the account in ebay itself. Buyers can also use ebay standings for similar purposes when offering to purchase (and again buyers must confirm account status)

Note1: We are now experimenting with a feedback system in the buy and sell section. This is new to the site and we might tweak or adjust how this runs as time progresses, however for the current state its running in two separate threads; one for positive and one for negative (neutral belongs in positive).
As such we encourage buyers and sellers to leave feedback after a transaction with other members through the forums. We would also say that reminding the other party in a transaction to leave feedback is advised. The threads can be found at the top of the section and here:
Buy and Sell - positive feedback from members

Buy and Sell - negative feedback from members

NOTE2: We don't operate any restrictions on posting in the Buy and Sell section. This means any registered member may use the section, regardless of post count or length of time as TPF members. Restrictions can generally be overcome by any determined scam artist, while making the section more difficult for our legitimate members to access.

We are, of course, always open to suggestions of improvements to the site and its features, if users have any they can freely post them in the Feedback and Suggestions subsection where the moderator and administration team can view them.

Last edited:
My bad. That's what I get for not reading. I will add one tonight. Promise.

I am selling my Nikon 7100 with a 3.5-6.3 ED/VRII 18-300 lens with a protective filter (Nikon, 67 mm). I am including an additional set of items, namely: 55-200, 4.5-5.6 VRII super clear lens protected by a neutral 52 mm Nikon filter, a 32 GB, up to 90 MB/s 600X SanDisk Extreme memory card, an additional EN-EL15 battery, an ML-L3 remote controller. The LCD display of the camera is protected by a glass (non adhesive) cover. The shutter has about 10K shots on it. Images of the set can be found here: Nikon D7100 - Google Drive. $1,100 and it is all yours!
i think your supposed to make your own thread.

I am selling my Nikon 7100 with a 3.5-6.3 ED/VRII 18-300 lens with a protective filter (Nikon, 67 mm). I am including an additional set of items, namely: 55-200, 4.5-5.6 VRII super clear lens protected by a neutral 52 mm Nikon filter, a 32 GB, up to 90 MB/s 600X SanDisk Extreme memory card, an additional EN-EL15 battery, an ML-L3 remote controller. The LCD display of the camera is protected by a glass (non adhesive) cover. The shutter has about 10K shots on it. Images of the set can be found here: Nikon D7100 - Google Drive. $1,100 and it is all yours!

OP, please post this in a separate thread.

OP, please post this in a separate thread.
So Sorry!!! Will do. Got confused for some reason :)

What are the fees to sell?

Most reactions

Back