buying used d90 on ebay

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am looking at a used d90 on ebay and it is a very good price. however the listing says " made in hongkong" does this mean it is gray market? it says there is a 4year warranty avaiblie with it and also the seller has 100% feedback. it is selling from australia though. i am in america, it should still work fine right?

is there anything else i should worry about when buying used camera's on ebay??

thanks!

i am looking at a used d90 on ebay and it is a very good price. however the listing says " made in hongkong" does this mean it is gray market? it says there is a 4year warranty avaiblie with it and also the seller has 100% feedback. it is selling from australia though. i am in america, it should still work fine right?

thanks!

I read some where , some one said NEVER BUY A BODY ONLINE UNLESS ITS FROM AN AUTHORIZED VENDOR ! or they have a good track record

huh good to know, but im looking for a steal b/c im a college kid and photography is bloody expensive. i just noticed the guy offers no returns so i may pass even though i could save like $300..

EDIT: Sorry i just realized that it sounds like i condemned you for the advice; not my intention at all. Thanks for the advice

huh good to know, but im looking for a steal b/c im a college kid and photography is bloody expensive. i just noticed the guy offers no returns so i may pass even though i could save like $300..

EDIT: Sorry i just realized that it sounds like i condemned you for the advice; not my intention at all. Thanks for the advice

lol its ok , dont worry i didn't find it offensive at all , and i agree , being in college and photography is expensive :/ , i wish you the best and keep searching . if any other offers returns , thats your next bet . wait for other member replies ,see if they offer better advice

thanks!

Nikon warranties are ONLY for the original purchaser. They can NOT be transferred. Exactly where is that alleged 4-year warranty coming from? Further, if it is gray market (and I believe that it is), NikonUSA will not repair it even if you're willing to pay. Your only option will be private repair shops (which are not necessarily bad).

well sorry i read it wrong, it was a four month warranty. and the seller did not specify from where. anyways someone else bought it before me..

how important is this warranty issue? b/c i bought my d40 off of ebay about 11 months ago and i have had no problems.. do cameras generally have a lot of issues? or is it just because its nice to have 'insurance' on such a big buy?

well sorry i read it wrong, it was a four month warranty. and the seller did not specify from where. anyways someone else bought it before me..

how important is this warranty issue? b/c i bought my d40 off of ebay about 11 months ago and i have had no problems.. do cameras generally have a lot of issues? or is it just because its nice to have 'insurance' on such a big buy?

No, they generally don't have problems but you're purchasing a used item from a stranger. Did you ever consider that he's selling it because he broke it? Further, if he broke it, no waranty will help.

I think the D90 is made in Thailand but it would not be a good idea to buy a used camera from someone so far away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back