C and C please. Photo's of my friend's kids.

White balance and color cast are not always the same. For example if you take a photo of a fair skinned person surrounded by grass you will often get a green reflection from the grass on their skin. There is nothing wrong with your white balance in that case. The green is reflecting off of the skin.
BUT... an image can have a color cast that is from the overall white balance.

In the second one here I am guessing there is a reflection on her jaw from whatever is in front of her and it's either red/maroon/dk pink.

What are you using as your editing program and are you shooting in raw and processing or jpeg?

I think it may just be her sister who was sitting in front of her with that pink shirt, I'm battling to correct it. I use CS5 to edit, shot in raw.

I've attempted another edit on her:

$DSC_4055.jpg

If anyone wants an attempt on the RAW file, please inbox me.

Thanks guys :)

Sorry guys. I just compared the image on my computer vs the exact same one uploaded to photobucket which is linked here, and there's a distinct shift in colour?!? Is this normal? or is Flicker better to use?

What is the colorspace you are working in?
I know Flickr's free accounts can and do shift colors and sharpness a little and I BELIEVE somewhere a while back I had heard that photobucket was not color managed.

Your new edit has turned her skin green as you are changing the entire photo's white balance or color cast. You only need to change the part of the image that is affected by the shirt or whatever is reflecting on her face.

I like the expression in #2. It's unusual, yet natural and spontaneous and it holds my attention.

Most reactions

Back