C&C a single HDR image please!

lyonsroar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5 shots merged with Dynamic Photo HDR. I think I managed to avoid the over-done look... What do you think? This is only my second attempt at HDR so be gentle. :D

bike2_2.jpg

Feel free to edit however you like!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you are just practicing your HDR, a couple of things.

1. there is a color cast to the image.
2. I do not see a "pop" to the image, which keeps it kind of plain.
3. if you are using the bridge to level the horizon, it is off some.

the image itself really is more of a snapshot. The wires, bridge, road, path are creating lines leading in all directions. Is the bicycle your mode of transportation? I am just wondering why it is in the photo.

As you can see, your photo is creating a lot of questions. What is the purpose of the photo?
Things to think about as you are composing the image...

How many stops did you go in each direction? Looks like there are some heavy shadows that might benefit from being brought up a little bit......

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you are just practicing your HDR, a couple of things.

1. there is a color cast to the image.
2. I do not see a "pop" to the image, which keeps it kind of plain.
3. if you are using the bridge to level the horizon, it is off some.

the image itself really is more of a snapshot. The wires, bridge, road, path are creating lines leading in all directions. Is the bicycle your mode of transportation? I am just wondering why it is in the photo.

As you can see, your photo is creating a lot of questions. What is the purpose of the photo?
Things to think about as you are composing the image...

A blue color cast right? I accidentally shot all my photos from that ride in an indoor light mode.:meh: I dropped the blue levels as far as I could, but it still shows.

The bike is there because I do a lot of road biking, that's where I get most of my pics. As for my mode of transportation...I drive a MazdaSpeed3. :er:
I wanted it in the picture to be sort of an interesting item. Other than the bike, there wasn't anything else in the scene that seemed interesting...

What if I edited out the power lines...

How many stops did you go in each direction? Looks like there are some heavy shadows that might benefit from being brought up a little bit......

I believe it is a -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, but I could be mistaken.

pond.jpg

For comparison, this is my first HDR attempt last week. I've progressed a little I think...

the first one the color somes off contrast/saturation high...the second one posted above isn't bad..

i wud crop the top off so you just have a direct focus on the pond and grass.

I can't help you with the technical stuff, since I really don't have a clue what HDR is. I'm going to have to Google it after this post.

But from looking at the two final products, I completely agree with pbelarge... this is nothing about the first image that I like. My eyes dart all over and don't really stop. I can't determine a subject. I'm not a fan of the big shadow over half the image either.

I love the 2nd one you posted! I actually disagree with dak1b, I like the top part and I don't think it should be cropped out, although that part of the image does look over processed or blown out. Anyway I love it, beautiful.

the first one the color somes off contrast/saturation high...the second one posted above isn't bad..

i wud crop the top off so you just have a direct focus on the pond and grass.

The color is off because I shot all my pictures that day in an indoor light mode.
:grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back