C&C first shot w/ new D3000

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i took this the other day with a 1'' shutter time ISO i think was somthing like 800 or 1200 cant really remember, and f/7 or 5.6

anyway let me know what yah think

stream_11of1.jpg

Maybe I just can't tell, but that does not look like it was shot at ISO 800 and definitely not 1600. The D3000's are hella noisy at 1600.

yea
like i said i didnt write down the info which was a mistake on my part
maybe 200 ISO?

anyway, what do you guys think?

Maybe I just can't tell, but that does not look like it was shot at ISO 800 and definitely not 1600. The D3000's are hella noisy at 1600.
Exif data says ISO 200 and f/36

k lol
thanks should've realized by how clear the bg was that it was a higher f/

I like this picture it came out good.

Good capture. Little light for my tastes, but good nonetheless.

yeah a friend of mine said it would look better w/ more contrast but i like it just the way it is

If you look at the twig sticking up from the log, just to the right from the end of the twig, there is a rock that looks like a duck if you look at it just right.

And I don't drink...lol

my mom said the same thing..... i dont see this "duck" in the rock

Haha i just saw the duck. Nice spotting lol
tj

QUACK! I think it's two rocks that make it. the closer one forming the body and the further out one for the head (the moss covered one).

If it were me, I would've rock hopped to remove that same twig that Patrick mentioned as well as the one in the middle far left.

As for your photo, the water movement is okay, but another 1/2s would have given a more coton candy look to it. But that would also affect your exposure badly, so other adjustments would be needed. It also looks like you shot this at a bright time of the day. Unless you have an ND filter, try this again some time either earlier or later in the day. While you're at it the next time, try another PoV, such as the water coming right towards you like this or this for example.

mhmm but if i were to shoot the water coming at me that might pose a problem since its kinda in the stream

This has nothing to do with the pic, but I love your screen name.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back