C&C for a noob photographer please!!

ThomasTran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been photographing for less than two months, i'm trying to learn and get better, but to know where I stand, i would love some feedback from others.

This is a picture from my first sunset beach shoot.

IMG_1194-2.jpg

thank you for any and all feedback.

Hmm, my eyes keep going to the background (and her feet).

Not to crazy about the angle.

My mind keeps seeing her rolling down a hill with that angle. Otherwise I like it. Good looking lady.

Like the others have said, a reflector or some fill flash would have made this a great shot. Not a huge fan of the tilt for the sake of tilt. I don't think it really adds anything to this photo. From a composition standpoint, it's generally not a good idea to have a strong line leading out of the corner of the frame. Kind of draws the eyes away from the photo instead of keeping the viewers attention on the subject.

All in all, I would say you definitely have potential. It's obvious your model was comfortable with you and that's half the battle.

Thank you so much guys, you've given me lots to think about. I now see how it seems like she could be rolling down a hill, i missed that looking through the viewfinder! now i wish i didn't tilt...

You can probably fix a couple items in photoshop - boosting up the saturation and curves a bit might make up for the lack of the fill flash...

Thou all this matters on what look you are going for...I do not mind the feet but, making them dissapear behind her head would be a look more centralizing her face..

My suggestion as a new photographer is to shoot more of this girl.. step one in this kind of shoot is fining a beautiful model that is willing to work with you.... it seems like you have done that...

If you have questions about simple flash setups - feel free to ask...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back