C&C for first engagement session

mydaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Just signed up for TPF today! I'm looking for C&C on these pictures from my first engagement session (I did it for free for a friend). Besides the general C&C, I have a couple of questions:

- When should you Photoshop and when should you "just leave it alone?"

- If you Photoshop, should there be one consistent look for all photos? For example, photos 1 and 2 have different looks. Should I only use one of these?

Hammer away!

5694748099_c835b7973a_b.jpg

5694748183_9e1f4e8fd3_b.jpg

5695321016_7e30fe6e60_z.jpg

5695321086_ffb5e31c4b_b.jpg

5695321168_369cfea857_z.jpg

Last edited:
Being much the newbie myself, I'll hazard to answer your questions.

1) To Photoshop or Not: When you think the picture can be improved by post-processing, then go for it. If you think it's fine the way it is, then go ahead an leave it. For example, I find #2 a bit washed out and flat, and I also think her complexion could be improved by some post processing.

2) Consistent look - or not: Again, this depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If they're going to be presented continuously or on a single page - or as part of a theme - then you'll probably want to have a consistent look. On the other hand, if used wisely you can use different looks to make a series of photos more interesting.

Being much the newbie myself, I'll hazard to answer your questions.

1) To Photoshop or Not: When you think the picture can be improved by post-processing, then go for it. If you think it's fine the way it is, then go ahead an leave it. For example, I find #2 a bit washed out and flat, and I also think her complexion could be improved by some post processing.

All photos need some sort of PP. If you are shooting something like this, you should be recording in RAW format which in and of itself needs to be processed for print.

I will let some of the more honest people offer their CC, I am sure they will be spot on.

p!nK

No. 1 is aright...I'd like that framing to be a a bit tighter?

The angle in 2 is awkward

3 and 5 seem underexposed.

1 -is soft
2 -she is positioned really bad. She is positioned like a troll or a snake that's creeping out of the bushes.
3 -is my fave and would of been perfect if you stood back or didn't zoom in so much and got their full bodies.
4 -you should of got their feet.
Overall work on composition more than anything.

Most reactions

Back