What's new

C&C / Long Exposure?

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
440
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
#1 is a nice trail I kind of like that. I like the EBAY sign on #2 though. Good start.

Yeah, for a first try it was pretty good ^^

And ehh, I'm going to re-edit that one. I facked up the curves on it..
 
haha Bascom and Hamilton! My old stomping grounds.
 
Good start. I think you should now focus on composition, specifically the background of your light trails. The trees and lamp post in #1, for example, are cut off. I say try some wider angle shots, and maybe some longer light trails.
 
Good start. I think you should now focus on composition, specifically the background of your light trails. The trees and lamp post in #1, for example, are cut off. I say try some wider angle shots, and maybe some longer light trails.
Thanks for the advice! Part of the reason I posted this thread was to hopefully gain some techniques for shooting long exposures such as this, so I can then focus on composition.
 
Thanks for the advice! Part of the reason I posted this thread was to hopefully gain some techniques for shooting long exposures such as this, so I can then focus on composition.

Ah alright and you're welcome. I'm actually working in the opposite direction, going from composition to trying out some long exposure shots in the future. I'll be sure to take note of the tips on this thread for the future.
 
*Moving to General Gallery*
Note Beyond Basics is not a gallery subsection
 
Overread said:
*Moving to General Gallery*
Note Beyond Basics is not a gallery subsection

I posted it here b/c I wanted to discuss Long Exposures, not just show off my pictures.
 
I would have exposed them a lot longer, something with the ebay sign looks odd I don't know what I'm seeing there could be the way the sign is built. I love long exposures too but it's a lot of luck and praying... I have a plan for one I hopefully can pull off this week but again I have little control of how the image turns out which is cool but sucks at the same time. Airports make awesome places also...
 
I would have exposed them a lot longer, something with the ebay sign looks odd I don't know what I'm seeing there could be the way the sign is built. I love long exposures too but it's a lot of luck and praying... I have a plan for one I hopefully can pull off this week but again I have little control of how the image turns out which is cool but sucks at the same time. Airports make awesome places also...


I only shot based on the light meter's reading.. in retrospect I probably should have exposed them a lot longer.. haha
 
I'd try bulb and just play around with it.... open it up for like 2-5 minutes and everything changes dramatically... night time photos are my favorite but they're also my most dissappointing but I guess that one shot will pay off someday.
 
I havent seen you in a while Bram
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom