C & C My First DSLR Pictures

thierry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C Much Appreciated! Thanks!

I have a nikon d3000. My beautiful girlfriend got it for me for christmas. just a 18-55 lens kit.

Retro Flower - Day 1/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Day 3 - I Can't Sleep by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Old Discovery - Day 4 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Long Day at Work - Day 5/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Roman Day 7/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Water Drop by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Blossom Bokeh - Day 8/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

dunes by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

trees by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Fedders Alley Day 9/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Rome's Butt - Day 10/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

DSC_0107 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

Day 12/365 by ThierryLyles, on Flickr

you got some pretty nice pictures there, i like the book and faucet, nice compositions.

realized i didnt post it in the right place.. Reposted in beginner's section..

You clearly have a good eye for subject matter, Thierry. Most beginners I know can't find things to shoot, not seeing how patterns and light really make for the strongest compositional elements. The water and clock shots are the strongest, in my opinion. Not really a criticism but a personal preference: it looks like you added quite a bit of post-processing to most of the photos, maybe tone that down a bit and let your subjects feel a little more natural?

I have to say, I would never think these were beginner shots. You have a great eye.

thanks so much guys, definetly good to know im on the right path... as well as thing i need to work on!

I like the clock, "Roman," and the faucet. They are all good shots but I also agree that you should cut back on the processing.

Very nice. As a (somewhat) beginner myself, I'm impressed. Photography can be difficult to get into, and you seem to have a good eye. The only real critiques I have are about the processing (as others mentioned) and the “Roman Day” shot, which would be better composed with the dog facing into the shot rather than cramped against the side like he is now. That would make the negative space more interesting, which makes the viewer’s eye travel better. As for the post-processing, my personal opinion is that there are two options: go all out, or keep it really simple. i.e. either make it a photograph or make it an edit. Just my opinion though, so feel free to disregard.

All in all, though, I would say good job. Just push the post processing more, or leave them more natural.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back