C&C my first photo with my DSLR

thaoimage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So give me a break this time. That last time I posted a C&C thread, ppl didn't like my images and someone got banned for it... but here's my first photo with a DSLR camera... C&C welcomed

BackYard1.jpg

So give me a break this time. That last time I posted a C&C thread, ppl didn't like my images and someone got banned for it...
Geez, did he get banned again? Thought he was gonna behave himself this time. Oh well...
but here's my first photo with a DSLR camera... C&C welcomed
Very nice! I like this image a lot better than your previous shots. Nice use of backlighting on the plant.

good thing it's not "purposefully underexposed"

this one looks nice... i would try to frame it so the background plant was not in the frame though... imo would look better w/ just the blue background

I think if someone just looks at this without trying to critique it, they'll be pleased.

...but you are asking for critique, so here goes.

I like the lighting. By chance or design, it's very good.
I don't like that the main subject is out of focus except the upper right. I found myself searching up the plant for something to look at in detail. I think if you moved back and to the left a little so you were perpendicular to the length of the plant you'd get it all in focus and, as already stated, get that other plant in the background out of the shot.

for one, I think that ban of nikonguy was not justified... It not like went screaming (capsing) profanity, he placed a very well worded questions.. and I am completely agree with him.

I don't see how this shot is better then the previous ones taken with PnS.. at least PnS did the autofocusing part right..
to me it is underexposed, out of focus piece of green smudge that looks like a plant.

i am sure, it is "you style", though......

nice shot, especially the light around the leaves by the backlight
The upper right part of the sprig is in focus, while the other part is not. i think you'd better recompose this shot and make most of the sprig in the same plane of focusing. or you can crop out the other part and only keep upper right part. Anyway, i don't know much about photography and this is only my personal opinion. Keep on shooting and enjoying.

Awesome shot....love the leaves in the bottom left

Wow, I have been viewing people's photos and I don't understand why people have to tear a photo apart and say such mean stuff! Why even ask for anyone's opinion, I mean...if you like your photography that is all that matters. I think this is a beautiful photo! You did very well. I think we should help each other out in a kind manner, not tear down a person who is learning. Whats up with that???
Again, I think it is a beautiful photo. I love the blue hue to it. I can even see a small web on a leaf. So, if I was to give my C&C... The only thing I personally would of done was made it a tad sharper. That is it!

You dug this up from November and want to complain about it?

Super.

i like the atmosphere of the lighting. the focus of the upper half of the stem is a little soft. using a narrower aperture would extend the depth of field.

EDIT: depth of *field

Last edited:
Wow, I have been viewing people's photos and I don't understand why people have to tear a photo apart and say such mean stuff! Why even ask for anyone's opinion, I mean...if you like your photography that is all that matters. I think this is a beautiful photo! You did very well. I think we should help each other out in a kind manner, not tear down a person who is learning. Whats up with that???
Again, I think it is a beautiful photo. I love the blue hue to it. I can even see a small web on a leaf. So, if I was to give my C&C... The only thing I personally would of done was made it a tad sharper. That is it!
Way to dredge up an old thread.
If you're not ready to ask for and receive tough critique of your pictures (And believe me, there were not tough critiques), you'll never grow as a photographer. I appreciate every comment made about everything wrong in every picture I post for C&C. If you want just a glowing "Oh that's just wonderful" response, show your pictures to your mom or grandmother. People here ask for C&C to learn from the ones who've been around longer, can see things more objectively, etc.

And for the record, no one tore anyone down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back