C&C my selective colour pics please

Just_Ice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was done using Picasa, but I am working on getting to do selective colouring in a more powerful program

3353719490_0d9a4d4857_o.jpg

And then this one, I know its not quite perfectly coloured, but thats because Picasa only does circles when it comes to selective colouring

3315616103_4352a148ba_o.jpg

Not really a fan of selective coloring, but your images are nicely composed and the B&W conversion is good.

There seems to be a yellow halo around the boat in the second one. Besides that, it looks good.

Thats becuase of the way Picasa does selective.

It can only do in in perfect circles, and to get the whole canoe, then some grass around it would have to get its color

Those are nice images, minus the selective coloring. I know it's fun to play around with, done it myself, but ultimately it looks gimmicky.

(man, does the word gimmicky ever look weird :)

Jon

Thats becuase of the way Picasa does selective.

It can only do in in perfect circles, and to get the whole canoe, then some grass around it would have to get its color

That is true however you could do smaller circles and save and then do another spot.

That is true however you could do smaller circles and save and then do another spot.
The problem with Picasa is, if you do the whole selective colouring thing, it converts the whole image to black and white, and allows you to keep your circle of colour. So its not really possible to do more than keeping one circle of colour.

Other than that, thanks for the feedback so far!

I think I might like the second photo quite much in full colours - or all in b&w.
Obviously, the Picasa method is not the best to choose, as it will give you colour stains around the object ... and you would never be able to do something like this (which is selected colours against an only PARTLY desaturated background, and each and every needle of the baby firs was given its colour back after the part-desaturation process).

So yes, you might want to step further and try some more elaborate methods with a "more powerful programme".

Most reactions

Back