C&C on Lighthouse Please

LiveStrong2009

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics a few weeks ago, please let me know what you think of them. Anything that you really like, dislike, and needs work would be appreciated.

4445014938_8faee42cd6_o.jpg

4445012540_d516758159_o.jpg

4444241455_2a83369d4a_o.jpg

4445013176_fb4d12600b_o.jpg

4445013494_59ec818c9c_o.jpg

4445013796_da5084bab7_o.jpg

4445014138_2619f65302_o.jpg

4444243163_9289226403_o.jpg

Thanks!

1 made me say "woah" out loud haha. i like it a lot. 6 does an awesome job of leading the eye to the light house. i like these

I'm a total newbie, and have no clue on the technicalities of the trade... But 1,2 and 8 really have impressed me!:thumbup:

Nice job on these!

My thoughts:

1 - Beautiful shot, the light is perfect and so is everything else IMO.

2 - This is my least favorite, it looks ok when you see it with this batch, but I don't think it's impressive if it were to stand on it's own. I often find myself experimenting with focusing myself, but my eye is drawn right to the red blur and I want to be able to see it.

3 - This shot works much better than the last one. IMO the vertical shot works better, and I love seeing the flat rock through the water at the bottom. Nice.

4 - Better than #2, but the sky is blown out and doesn't look half as nice as the sky in all the other shots.

5 - Good shot, but I hate that rock on the side blocking out all the pretty ice. =)

6 - Great! I love the way the line of the walkway/wall draws your eyes right to the lighthouse.

7 - Ok, but the sunlight on the rock in the foreground is a bit distracting.

8 - You saved the best for last didn't you?! This is my favorite. I love the framing with the icicles. Beautiful.

Keep shooting = )

Bekah

Nice job on the first and the last one. If it were me i would head back for a reshoot when there are more clouds. Those two would be lovely with some dramatic skies. nice work though

Thank you very much for all of the replies, it is great reading an outsiders opinion on my photos.

I would really appreciate more opinions on 1,2,6,8. Those are the photos that I thought were best.

Thanks again for all of the helpful comments!

I definitely liked #1 with the icicles hanging down it's different than most any lighthouse pictures I've seen. And the subject is clear, very nice

#2, I really don't like very much, the rocks in the foreground just aren't that interesting to me, even though the lighthouse is visible I'm just not feeling this one.

#6 is ok, I don't like the thing sticking up from the walkway. And truthfully I'm not really a fan of the walk way being in the image anyway. I do agree it is one of the better ones of the set though.

#8 I like this image as well, I would consider playing with the crop, and also cloning out the spikes... still not a fan of them.

Most reactions

Back