What's new

C&C on Lighthouse Please

LiveStrong2009

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Location
Milwaukee, Wi
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics a few weeks ago, please let me know what you think of them. Anything that you really like, dislike, and needs work would be appreciated.

1.
4445014938_8faee42cd6_o.jpg

2.
4445012540_d516758159_o.jpg

3.
4444241455_2a83369d4a_o.jpg

4.
4445013176_fb4d12600b_o.jpg

5.
4445013494_59ec818c9c_o.jpg

6.
4445013796_da5084bab7_o.jpg

7.
4445014138_2619f65302_o.jpg

8.
4444243163_9289226403_o.jpg


Thanks!
 
1 made me say "woah" out loud haha. i like it a lot. 6 does an awesome job of leading the eye to the light house. i like these
 
I'm a total newbie, and have no clue on the technicalities of the trade... But 1,2 and 8 really have impressed me!:thumbup:
 
Nice job on these!

My thoughts:

1 - Beautiful shot, the light is perfect and so is everything else IMO.

2 - This is my least favorite, it looks ok when you see it with this batch, but I don't think it's impressive if it were to stand on it's own. I often find myself experimenting with focusing myself, but my eye is drawn right to the red blur and I want to be able to see it.

3 - This shot works much better than the last one. IMO the vertical shot works better, and I love seeing the flat rock through the water at the bottom. Nice.

4 - Better than #2, but the sky is blown out and doesn't look half as nice as the sky in all the other shots.

5 - Good shot, but I hate that rock on the side blocking out all the pretty ice. =)

6 - Great! I love the way the line of the walkway/wall draws your eyes right to the lighthouse.

7 - Ok, but the sunlight on the rock in the foreground is a bit distracting.

8 - You saved the best for last didn't you?! This is my favorite. I love the framing with the icicles. Beautiful.

Keep shooting = )

Bekah
 
Nice job on the first and the last one. If it were me i would head back for a reshoot when there are more clouds. Those two would be lovely with some dramatic skies. nice work though
 
these are freaking amazing!!! i love the last one!!! great job!
 
Thank you very much for all of the replies, it is great reading an outsiders opinion on my photos.

I would really appreciate more opinions on 1,2,6,8. Those are the photos that I thought were best.

Thanks again for all of the helpful comments!
 
I definitely liked #1 with the icicles hanging down it's different than most any lighthouse pictures I've seen. And the subject is clear, very nice

#2, I really don't like very much, the rocks in the foreground just aren't that interesting to me, even though the lighthouse is visible I'm just not feeling this one.

#6 is ok, I don't like the thing sticking up from the walkway. And truthfully I'm not really a fan of the walk way being in the image anyway. I do agree it is one of the better ones of the set though.

#8 I like this image as well, I would consider playing with the crop, and also cloning out the spikes... still not a fan of them.
 
I like number one it is very nice and 6 as well imo
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom