c&c - outside my comfort zone....

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well I would change that setting, except you can't download from the links anyway. Something I can do for future though. What would your suggestions be?

I looked at all 21 shots. My suggestion would be to expose a bit more generously in-camera. And perhaps get a little bit closer. Also, these seem to bounce around a lot. Maybe slow down a bit and "work" each of the micro-locations a bit more. Like for example, the big limb on the tree...I'm not sure that you shot enough frames there to get "the pose", the pose that really nails that location. It's difficult to give much advice based on ONE, single shoot, done on one,single day. But that's what I see, based on those 21 photographs.

Thanks Derrel. I think you hit something about the slow down suggestion. I really liked shooting the boy. He was a natural model. His sister and mom...not so much. But I felt rushed by the sister who kept wanting her picture done. I think in the future when I do tfp, I'll do one model, not families. I also have a lot to learn about posing so that I can feel more confident directing people.

except you can't download from the links anyway.
If it's online, it can be downloaded.

If you'd like, I can copy Photo 13 (screen shot) and post it here with no edits.

IMO, Photo 13 has way to much space above his head.

well I would change that setting, except you can't download from the links anyway. Something I can do for future though. What would your suggestions be?

As they said, if it's on the screen, it's already in the computer and thus available.

on-the-screen.jpg~original

You may want to reduce the size of that watermark... it is larger than your subject is, in the shot above..... go with either your name, or the "business" name... not both.

I took a look at a bunch of images from your galleries on your website, and overall I would say you need to revisit the basics. Most of them are underexposed and the focus is hit or miss. You have some strong color casts on a lot of the babies and newborns. As with the ones posted above, shadows are in the worst places. So learning to modify light is crucial to getting proper exposure and lighting your subject. Before pressing that shutter button look and see where all your shadows and highlights are. See what you can then do BEFORE to modify that light or reposition your subject or yourself.
I am editing to add my hand thingy. At all times throughout the day, hold your hand straight out. See how the light falls on your hand as the sun changes position from sunrise to sunset. Look where the shadows are vs. the highlights etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back