What's new

C&C Please- 2 in B&W

Glycerol Sound

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
177
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted links to larger sizes beneath the embedded photos.

4652959738_62e5f7d897.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4652959738_62e5f7d897_b.jpg

4652318027_fdffdd1248.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4652318027_fdffdd1248_b.jpg
And in color, because I thought it also looked cool with the color once I did some minor touchups- http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4652554637_70ec883e81_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the first one but the second is a little too dark!

I really like how the Waffle House stands out though... Gives it a kind of classic look!
 
I think they are both a bit too dark...

I like the subject matter and composition of #1.

#2 doesn't do anything for me.
 
mmmmmm waffles (best homer simpson impression)

i agree with the above, nice composition and cool sign in the first one.

i see what you were trying with the tree/night sky grey scale silhouette but its just not doing it for me.
 
Alright thanks for the feedback guys, and I'm glad you got what I was going for at least, Einstein
 
#2 has the potential to be much more artistic than #1, but not if it was captured as a JPEG. The bigger online B&W version has bad posterization in the sky, usually an indication of a capture that lacked editing headroom (low bit-depth).

Since there is nothing in the forgeground, get rid of most of it. It's also why horizons don't work well being across the middle of the image frame.

4652318027_fdffdd1248_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom