C&C Please - My bro and his camaro

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whatever C&C means, I'd like some of it. :D Here is a picture I shot of my brother with his camaro. This pic I did some spot coloring, and I can dig up the original if you need it.

What are some different ways you would set him up to pose, or different angles you'd take? I really like that alley feel for this 80's/early 90's car shot...and the water on the ground looks neat. Maybe some ideas on lighting techniques using the equip I have, or some cheap equip worth buying.

kevinCamaroWeb.jpg

I would try something aside from selective coloring. Also Im not really seeing anything intetresting in the water, just looks like wet ground to me. Try moving your brother out of the center of the frame, maybe try a shot from the front corner of the car, might be interesting,

ive never personally been a fan of selective coloring. maybe a different angle...up above?

the red distracts. The car is the first thing my eye goes to, not the subject.

The random cutoff of red at the back end of the car looks sloppy.

well that's just his paint job :) the car's actually kind of ghetto... the black is spray painted onto the red, and one time he took it through a car wash, and a few spots of black peeled off :)

I like the backdrop.
Maybe a little tighter crop.
Try different angles.. bring a step ladder (and be careful)
Ditch the selective coloring... distracting. Red especially
If you like to do selective coloring, try coloring your buddy not the car.
Armor-all the tires
Remove the front license plate
Have your buddy wear a different shirt without lettering.

I like the backdrop.
Maybe a little tighter crop.
Try different angles.. bring a step ladder (and be careful)
Ditch the selective coloring... distracting. Red especially
If you like to do selective coloring, try coloring your buddy not the car.
Armor-all the tires
Remove the front license plate
Have your buddy wear a different shirt without lettering.

those are all great ideas. This picture, I posted because (a) it is one of my first 'people' pictures, and (b) I constantly find myself critiquing it, and wanted to hear everyone else's critiques too.

I might have to show you the original picture. I did selective coloring to get rid of some greenish lights that colored the top-left of the picture. However, I think the creepy green light gives a sorta cool effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back