C & C please on my new website!

If you are concerned about being found in search engines (SEO), then you need to change a few things.

You need to think like a prospective client. Do you think they will search "J. Ruggiero Photo - Welcome"? Not likely. You need to at least put your location and some of your keywords (what you do, like portraits/weddings etc) on your title tag <title>.

Next you have absolutely no text on your home page. You really need to at least have your location and what you do ON YOUR HOME PAGE. Adding a <h1> tag can help too. Take a look at my site for an example of what I'm talking about. ;)

ok so what your saying is that as far as search engines are concerned, whatever is on my page title tags are the keywords basically?

Thanks for your help on this its appreciated.

Yep. So if you are a portrait photographer from Chicago, then something like 'Chicago Portrait, Glamor and Newborn Photography'. Try to limit it to about 70-80 characters.

ok so what your saying is that as far as search engines are concerned, whatever is on my page title tags are the keywords basically?

To add...

That's why I'm suggesting adding a short 'bio' on your home page, using those keywords (again). It tells search engines "Hey, that's important". That's also why I suggested the <h1> tag. ;)

I think that 3rd block of content on the home page needs to go.

It looks pretty good though. Are you dead set on that "photography. evolved." line? It comes off as real cheesy/played to me is all. I like the "study in life thing" I'd go with just that.

Need to fix the grammatical and syntax errors on your page.

Also, the photos you have chosen, to me, aren't the most dynamic and don't scream "hire me". I would do some serious personal critiquing to gauge whether or not you are putting your best face forward in regards to your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back