C&C please. possible lens issue as well

anything you synth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. (if you notice the lights seem to have reflected within the lens, appearing on the left side of the picture. my lens does this every time light is shining in. is that normal?)
silvercomettunnet.jpg

silvercometpower.jpg

Glad I could help. Always take off all your filters when shooting into the light (unless you want that effect; I have, on occasion). I actually learnt that from one of Rick Sammon's videos. o_O

I like the first because there's a real sense of depth to it. As for the second, 'tis noisy. Too noisy, I think. How did you do that? Did you cover part of the lens with something opaque?

no, it was just really dark in the bottom half, and when i adjusted the levels in PS, it made the transition from complete darkness soft

I see, I see. Too bad; it's so fun to do things with the camera like that. :)

Anyway, the noise is a bit of a problem. I think it detracts heavily from what would otherwise be a pretty neat shot. I'm going to take a stab that you were using the nifty-fifty, and I have the same camera; that noise would only be at 1600 ISO, yes? (Or I suppose 800 is possible too.)

Might have been better tackled with a tripod and long exposure, so that you could get both a longer DoF and much less noise (that is, the shooting on ISO 100 kind of less noise).

i really like the first one, what camera are you using?

yeah i'm using a 50mm 1.8, but to be honest i'm not happy with the results i'm getting. a tripod would have definitely helped for that shot though. i think it was at 800 iso

and to bakko, i use a canon xsi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back