C&C please!

TNFlyBoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, it's been a while since i've posted and pics up here, so i guess it's about time for some more. Lemme know whatca think.

2763681101_f964bf9f61.jpg

2763679827_20e35f614d.jpg

2755604684_d5a242daa1.jpg

2720957729_b4b4bf79d2.jpg

2721775186_05709891da.jpg

2720939841_a08d77841b.jpg

#1: Light is very harsh. A bit of a slower shutter speed and a CPL would've helped.

#2: Dislike the crookedness. CPL would've helped with the skies.

#3: Love it.

#4: Good.

#5: Good composition but slightly lacking interest for some reason.

#6: Favorite.

Flower shots are best done on a cloudy day, nature's natural diffuser. I do however like the background in that picture, blurred out enough to not distract, yet when examined, still interesting. (though, a little bit crooked) You had good composition, just bad lighting.

THanks for the input,
Ptyler, what i wanted to show in #3 was the very last name on the wall in focus, and only that (i just recently got a 50mm f/1.8 lens so i've been doing a lot of DoF play). I could crop the photo a little more to get the same effect, though.

These were all very nice. (well, I don't like the DOF on 3 at all, but other than that...)

I particularly liked 4 the best. I agree the angle was funky on 2, but it's still a sharp well composed shot.

Since you only wanted to show the last name on the wall in #3, it might have been better if it were more direct. Even though I can tell it is sharper, I can't read the name at all. (Hope that makes sense)

1) great shot. I love the composition and the background
2) I don't like the angle
3) I dig it. Maybe just a hair tighter on the wall would look better. YMMV.
4) I instantly thought of band of brothers... and I think that's what photos are supposed to do: remind us of important things. Very thought provoking piece for me.
5) Past 4, planes don't do much for me. But I'm a grunt, so there you go.
6) I thought it looked a little dark, but otherwise it didn't really move me like the other ones did.. particularly the first 4.

Great shots, all in all I think. I'd say be cognizant of your light sources and try not to get too extreme with your angle shots. But free advice is always worth it's price, and in the end you just have to do what you like :mrgreen:

4 is my favorite

Most reactions

New Topics

Back