Photos NOT OK to edit
Improvements? Thanks!

Alura_20081216_0122.jpg

Alura_20081216_0130.jpg

Alura_20081216_0130.jpg

Alura_20081216_0132.jpg

Alura_20081216_0138-1.jpg

Alura_20081216_0095-1.jpg

I like the last one alot. for some reason it seems so childish and innocent. Very nice

They are all very nice, however with the b&w I find the bubble film makes the child's skin looks mottled..... in my experience the best way to fix this is to make a bath with LOTS of thick bubbles rather than thinner bubbles :) Nice shots though :)

gorgeous eyes, love the last one

Like #5.
She's "got eyes for you."
Craig.:sexywink:

Cute shots and nice poses. Great eyes.

I don't love the ones of the top of her head towards the camera because you can't see her face, but the light playing off her hair is cool, so I could see why you'd like it. Her hair is a characteristic of her ... something you would remember (assuming your her parent), so something you want to capture.

On a purely technical basis...

Many of these are dark or underexposed. In B&W this is a pretty common "mistake" (I use the term lightly). A buddy of mine once gave me some interesting advice... shoot for one pixel in the image to be underexposed, and one pixel in the image to be black. If you can accomplish that, you have good brightness and contrast in your image. It's not a literal rule to follow, but it's a good conceptal model.

It also looks like you missed the focus on some- particularly the ones of her hair. Just something to be careful of. You can also sharpen any or all of them, though some softness in these may be nice since they are pictures of a child. Up to you, obviously.

BTW, my wife has beat paranoia into me about pictures of children on the 'net. You might consider being careful about pictures of children in bathtubs. I hate to even say it, but as a parent of two girls myself...

I'm actually not her mom, but I did think about the whole kids and internet thing. I asked her dad and he was cool, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, with all of the these images I used photoshop to get all of the "soft" effects. These were also low res images I threw up. Do you think that using the softness and the glow takes away from the images by leaving them more out of focus?
Thanks.

It's kind of up to you on the softness... if you like it, go with it.

Most reactions

Back