C&C please :)

suki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I REALLY love black and white and soft focus (picasa) right now, lol! Below i've posted the original, edited and then edited with soft focus. I know at some point i need to expand and try new things but right now this is all i know how to do, lol!

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3844-2.jpg

IMG_3844-1.jpg

Absolutely beautiful shots and my fav is #1 beautiful child btw

thanks! I've noticed that alot of my shots are not in focus or the focus is elsewhere. Like in these shots, his eyes are not as clear as his feet/hands.

I'm still getting used to how "picky" the focus is on these cameras.

thanks for the feed back, any room for improvement? other than the focus issue?

thanks! I've noticed that alot of my shots are not in focus or the focus is elsewhere. Like in these shots, his eyes are not as clear as his feet/hands.

I'm still getting used to how "picky" the focus is on these cameras.

thanks for the feed back, any room for improvement? other than the focus issue?
Are you choosing the focus point or is the camera choosing the focus point? Most experienced shooters don't let the camera decide what to focus on. Page 61 of the XS owner's manual shows you how to select which focus point the camera will us to focus with. Many people will just use the center point to focus with. Select the point on the subject you want to focus on, push the shutter button half way to lock focus and then recompose the shot and press the shutter button the rest of the way to shoot.

^^ thanks for your reply. I've actually tried doing that, my photog friend told me to try that and when i focus on his face, lock it, then move either to the left or right it starts adjusting again.

I usually shoot in either Tv or Av mode because it allows me to adjust shutter and aperture settings.

Is the camera set to AI Servo AF?

I don't use the shutter button to lock focus on my XTi...I moved that function to the * button on the back. On the XS it's custom function C.Fn-9/1 (page 158 of the XS owner's manual). With the camera set up this way I use my right thumb to lock focus and use my right index finger to release the shutter.

Is the camera set to AI Servo AF?

I don't use the shutter button to lock focus on my XTi...I moved that function to the * button on the back. On the XS it's custom function C.Fn-9/1 (page 158 of the XS owner's manual). With the camera set up this way I use my right thumb to lock focus and use my right index finger to release the shutter.

ohhh, I'll have to try that when i get home. I just have been using the shutter button. I'll read the owner's manual again, alot of it was <<insert foriegn language>> to me.

thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back