C&C Please

haha I didn't think the "no hunting" shot was that terrible either! My favorite out of the bunch...

thanx doesn't the darker one say dark mysterious forest to you that's why i liked it so much and i'll even admit there others are actually terrible now that i see what some say

Technical issues aside for the moment, your work has potential, your composition in the first, third and last is pretty good. The second (green thing) and the first "No Hunting" if flipped might not look too bad except for the obvious. You really do need a macro lens for that type of water droplets, that will let you get a lot closer. We read from left to right and when a dominate subject is right of center it seems to have less appeal. The excitement factor in most of these is pretty low. With a moving car if you pan your camera with the car and use a fairly low shutter speed like 60 or 90 the car should stay sharp and the background blurred giving the feeling of speed. Something like that might raise the excitement factor a few notches.

Technical issues are numerous, I would suggest some basic photography books and become familiar with the proper terms. Focus is an issue in some, it appears you may have shot through a window or windshield? If so that might explain some of the fog. Or was it a foggy day? ISO refers to the light sensitivity of either film or your digital sensor. With film it is fixed at the point of manufacture, with digital it is adjustable in each frame. A higher ISO with film means more grain, digital more noise, but less light is required for the proper exposure. There's more but I hope this little bit gets you started. Please post again soon.

ISO is bassicaly how much light is taken in by the lens.. I think... Well I know what it does, hard to explain... Anyway the higher the ISO the higher the noise and the brighter the image. So use higher ISO the darker it is. You always want to use the lowest you can though. BTW the photos do suck.

iso is the sensitivity of the sensor, not the lens. aperture controls the diameter of which light is let in. ofcourse shutter speed adjusts how long the shutter is open.

iso is the sensitivity of the sensor, not the lens. aperture controls the diameter of which light is let in. ofcourse shutter speed adjusts how long the shutter is open.

This. ISO is the sensitivity of the sensor to light. Essentially this is like using film more or less sensitive to light depending on the situation.

Whether you shoot film or digital, this explains what ISO is.

thanx for the info guys and ChasK i just picked up learning to see creatively and it's snowing today so i'll prob knock out alot of that book today.

Speaking of snowing im geussing in order to get a good snowflake pic i would need a macro lense?

This. ISO is the sensitivity of the sensor to light. Essentially this is like using film more or less sensitive to light depending on the situation.

correct. guess i shouldve put the word light in there. :confused: :thumbup:

A little harsh people...

My opinion: I think you need to find some different subject matter and with that your photographs will come alive. When something is interesting and inspiring, it is so much easier to take a picture of.
:)
my 2 cents

Most reactions

New Topics

Back