TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
19835_315043292104_312495517104_3955632_733718_n.jpg

19835_312858727104_312495517104_3949781_7321381_n.jpg

19835_312945767104_312495517104_3949968_8025963_n.jpg

OK, will try.

I don't know why you've chosen a non-standard crop, but I assume the ratio is chosen to allow an 8 x 10 to have a quarter inch border. Not a bad idea but that will give a recurring problem if the picture gets printed at other sizes. Why not just crop to 4 x 5 and keep in mind that you can't get too tight.

#1) Is she upside down for a reason? I keep wanting to twist my neck so I can see her better. It's not comfortable for me. The PPing has made the creases in her shirt the lightest part of the picture and draw my eye. Other technical stuff OK.

#2) The in-focus string cuts the picture in half and there's not enough of the guitar (?) visible to make the picture interesting to me.

#3) Blurry picture that a mommy will love but not striking enough to really engage non-relatives.

1- rotating the image so that her body is coming out of one the lower corners might work better here. I agree with the above comment about wanting to twist my neck to see it. Why did you chose to shoot like this?
Seems that she was posing, so maybe trying to get more of her hair out of her face to draw attention to her face and eyes. I don't like the white vignette, it comes off as a cheesy effect. Also not a fan of the carpet.

2- I like the suble lighting in the photo, but the frame composition is off to me. I don't like how there is a top part with nothing and a bottom black bar with nothing. Maybe a slight tilt down of the camera and making the neck of the guitar a little less horizontal might add some motion.
I do like how you played with the depth of field, but the composition needs fixing

3- Um, no. Subject looks jammed against the lens, wait too close in. I feel bombarded by the image. The black and white treatment seems to be lacking some contrast, and the image itself seems to be lacking sharpness...was the bw conversion to mask some noise or something?

I don't mind the upside down look for the first one. I think it is a cute one, but I do think that her shirt is too bright as it distracts from the face.

The third photo is too tight for me. I would have liked to see the mouth in the photo too.

My favorite is the first one. The rug, the hairband the skirt... it is all a light tone and brings the eye to the face. Just that shirt is too bright. I think it is generally an adorable photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back