C&C Please?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Early this morning I went for hike to check out the local foliage and I brought my D90 no doubt. This is what I captured, what do you think? Any thoughts or critiques?

1)
5086827993_866c3f31da_z.jpg

2)
5087400838_62b23f9385_z.jpg

3)
5087400476_c063905362_z.jpg

4)
5087400276_50999deeb2_z.jpg

5)
5087400126_408998e908_z.jpg

Last edited:
I like #1 and #3. The others are fine but not all that interesting to me, but these two stand out a bit to me. In #1 I think it's an interesting choice shooting down the vine like that, not one I had considered so it gets my attention. It may benefit from a slightly deeper depth of field, but not too much. #3 has a nice composition that works and feels balanced somehow.

I like #1 and #3. The others are fine but not all that interesting to me, but these two stand out a bit to me. In #1 I think it's an interesting choice shooting down the vine like that, not one I had considered so it gets my attention. It may benefit from a slightly deeper depth of field, but not too much. #3 has a nice composition that works and feels balanced somehow.

Thanks for the input. I agree with what you think of #1 & #3, they are definatly my favourites out of the group.

How funny, as 2 is my personal favourite out of this little series.

I generally find sumacs (1) hard to photograph, although their leaves turn into the nicest of colours in autumn, and while I do find your concept (shallow DOF, focus selected on THAT area instead of any other) interesting, I don't find the photo in general too appealing. But hey, that's just me, so what I say doesn't really count awfully much.

Plus I personally feel quite distracted by the water bubbles in 3, that's my own little nitpick about that one.

The last two sport "autumn colours all over", all earth colours, but overwhelmingly many, maybe if a YELLOW (or still green?!?) leaf had fallen into that crevice...!? Then out of those two I'd probably have preferred the composition in 5 to that in 4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back