What's new

C&C Please

Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
670
Reaction score
21
Location
NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

Took this one last night. Thoughts on comp, post, etc.?

2yw5z4h.jpg


Thanks,
Danny
 
Hi, in The Netherlands it is in the middle of the night. Couldn't sleep. Grabbed my iPad. Bit browsing. See yr picture.
It is realy beautiful. Gratz.
 
I think it is a cool shot.

My only complaint would be how the tires and bumper are clipped at the edge of the frame. I just like to keep a little breathing room at the edges.
It's one thing to intentionally crop something and "cut" it, it looks purposeful. Little clips of the subject tends to look careless.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed this photo.
 
Same thoughts as Bitter Jeweler on the clipping.

I like the comp and colours overall; not a fan of the motion blur of the taxi, or the distant sky - it doesn't seem to have the clarity or vibrance seen in the rest of the shot.
 
I couldn't figure out why this photo seemed a little off. The colors are great, and that car is beautiful, but something wasn't working for me. I played around with cropping, and now I think it's this: it kind of has 2 different things going on. The traffic in the street, vs. the colors and lights of the green car and the signs. The street going off into the distance takes my attention away from the great colors on the right. When I cropped out the street completely, it focussed attention on the green car and lights for a more satisfying result. (But it also cropped off part of the car and left an almost square image, which you may not want.)
 
Hey Breaux,

You might have something there. I covered the street part of the photo and it did put all the attention on the car and signs, but i didn't like the squareness of the image. I thought the taxis on the left added to the overall coolness of the image but they might take away from the car a bit. I'm not sure.

:-)

Danny
 
I think the car is big enough that it gets it's attention. I love the perpective, and motion, and what it all adds to this images story.
Lose that, and you lose much of the appeal of this image, and it will become rather static.
 
I would have taken the shot from about 5 steps back, just so we can see more of the street with the traffic in motion which can ultimately give off a better contrast between the green car and the yellow taxis. also, i would have increased the shutter speed just a bit to prevent too much of the traffic blur, and perhaps even capture some pedestrians on the sidewalk.
 
I love the colors in this image. Great shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom