Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please

4425647489_1873185271.jpg

4426410998_d1cf8e273b.jpg

4425646919_ef79c8569b.jpg

4425646573_60ce3f1e5b.jpg

on #1 the shadow on the right side is caused by my shutter speed being too high. Sorta cool effect and framed it nicely. Without the flash there would be complete blackness. Off shoe flash bouncing light off sealing.
Also with #1 I was trying to show a royal flush, the ace beaning in your hand, but my DOF was off. Some of my other shots showed the winning hand but were ugly and the angle was not right.

Wait, is that my neck strap in #1? Rookie mistake lol.

#5 is interesting, with nice color temp.. try more like that. ;)

Yea, I'm not sure if you can tell but every property has a house or hotel. Was trying for a "death roll" type look.

Yea, I'm not sure if you can tell but every property has a house or hotel. Was trying for a "death roll" type look.
It's a neat shot. Maybe a little mor DOF leading into the houses might give it the death roll look you were after.

It's a neat shot. Maybe a little mor DOF leading into the houses might give it the death roll look you were after.
Yea, raise the aperture and raise the flash power or lower the shutter speed or raise the ISO to compensate

In #1, is that my camera strap or is that just caused by the light, or there lack of?

In #1, is that my camera strap or is that just caused by the light, or there lack of?

I think it's most likely your camera strap or some other obstruction. Since you bounced your flash off the ceiling I don't think there would be any lack of light.

My thoughts:

1. I do love it, but I had no idea it was a royal flush because the flop isn't visible. You should increase DoF to show that specifically, but even without knowing what hand you have, it's a nice shot (despite the pesky shadow - but I think you should definitely reshoot this).

2. This is my favorite shot. Perfect focus, nice background color.

3. I prefer 2 to this one. I don't like seeing only one die in focus. Just personal preference I guess.

4. It's okay, but I agree with the above comment of greater DoF on this one as well.

Great job!

Bekah

I think it's most likely your camera strap or some other obstruction. Since you bounced your flash off the ceiling I don't think there would be any lack of light.

My thoughts:

1. I do love it, but I had no idea it was a royal flush because the flop isn't visible. You should increase DoF to show that specifically, but even without knowing what hand you have, it's a nice shot (despite the pesky shadow - but I think you should definitely reshoot this).

2. This is my favorite shot. Perfect focus, nice background color.

3. I prefer 2 to this one. I don't like seeing only one die in focus. Just personal preference I guess.

4. It's okay, but I agree with the above comment of greater DoF on this one as well.

Great job!

Bekah

Next time I will also use a tripod, I had to hold the cards+my camera and keep them steady lol

Last I checked, a Royal Flush didn't have a 2 in it ;) I like #2...the purple in the background is a nice contrast.

Dale

Last I checked, a Royal Flush didn't have a 2 in it ;) I like #2...the purple in the background is a nice contrast.

Dale
flop had K,J,10,
Turn Q

K,Q,J,10 suited + a ace suite = royal flush
the black two was for color contrast

Dale

The community cards can flop a royal flush, regardless of what hand you have. In this case the board has Kh, Qh, Jh, 10h. His Ah makes a royal flush.

Dale

The community cards can flop a royal flush, regardless of what hand you have. In this case the board has Kh, Qh, Jh, 10h. His Ah makes a royal flush.

and the nuts =) to bad it was not a real game =(

haha...if I would have read it again I would have known "with the Ace being in your hand" didn't mean to hijack the thread and turn it into a poker lesson :)

Dale

Before I could only see the first shot, but now they are all showing up. I like them, I think that gambling and gaming colors make really neat shots. The DOF is too shallow on #3 for my taste. Not all the die are in focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back