C&C wanted on the following...

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still trying to work with natural light and get the results I want. I think I'm getting closer, but not there yet. I'd love c&c on these, please.

#1 (Ignore the cracker in her mouth, she wouldn't stop crying without it.)
DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0036-1.jpg

#3 (Her odd face is again because of a cracker. She was not happy that day.)
DSC_001801.jpg

DSC_002401.jpg

All of these were shot with f/10 and a shutter speed of 1/800. ISO at 1600.

Just curious......why the high ISO on a sunny day?

cool. i can respect that. i think the photos look very good. you did a great job :thumbup:

why do you think you "are not there yet"?
I would like to do portraits professionally. I just don't feel like my work is up to par yet. My latest goal has been using natural light without blowing all the highlights.

I like these a lot, except for the last one, the noise, and the weird shadowing on her neck area doesn't look good to me.

Hi Lacey,
They are very good photo's but drop your iso to 100, noise is a problem at high iso.
Also you shot at 1/800, you would get the same results with no noise at 1/125 or 1/250 and your f/stop doesnt need to be as high either.
They are really well composed well taken shots but your sacraficing quality for high numbers that you really dont need.
In portraits always focus on the eyes and nothing else, the rest will fall into place, try different f/stops but the golden rule is ALWAYS focus on the eyes(which you did).
The photo's are really great but if you lowered your high iso you would have a higher quality than you have. Unless you want the grainy look in black and white stick with a lower iso.
Best wishes
Mark

Hi Lacey,
They are very good photo's but drop your iso to 100, noise is a problem at high iso.
Also you shot at 1/800, you would get the same results with no noise at 1/125 or 1/250 and your f/stop doesnt need to be as high either.
They are really well composed well taken shots but your sacraficing quality for high numbers that you really dont need.
In portraits always focus on the eyes and nothing else, the rest will fall into place, try different f/stops but the golden rule is ALWAYS focus on the eyes(which you did).
The photo's are really great but if you lowered your high iso you would have a higher quality than you have. Unless you want the grainy look in black and white stick with a lower iso.
Best wishes
Mark
Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your crit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back