C&C Wanted

Eva D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey you guys! I haven't posted here in awhile, been really busy not to mention trying to get out there and learn more about photography. Well today I spent the afternoon with a photographer in my area and assisted him with two of his photo shoots (3 locations). Not only did I take home valuable tips, but a possible internship with him. Okay well I mostly assisted, but he also gave me a chance to work with the models and then I ended up being 2nd shooter on the last location. Feel free to comment, please be a critical as you want to be... I am looking for improvement not an ego boost. ;) Thank you in advance for taking your time in reading my post. Hope you like...

155.jpg

BadGirlsDoItBetter.jpg

Downtown1.jpg

091.jpg

DaNaeworkinit.jpg

#1 & #4 the poses makes me think that she is saying 'Look at these boobies! Ain't they great?'
The dramatic difference in color between her face and her chest makes the chest even more prominent - if possible.

#2 her torso virtually disappears

#3 cropped as 4 x 5 to take off the ugly stocking look and this is much better.

#4 black shirt, white shorts, clipped knee, clipped hand. - lots of disconnects here.

I know that a lot of this, the clothing, the harsh lights, the poses, you had no control over but they are the way they seem to me.

I do want to let you know that the model picked her own clothing, and I was holding the reflector for most of the shots... and the ones I did get was off to the side or behind the photographer. What can I do to the lights to make them better? I have a 5-1 reflector that I used and the photographer had his own that my boyfriend held for him. I am looking to buy another 5-1 reflector and a stand for my own personal photoshoots. Any other tips anyone can give me?

I'm absolutely the wrong one to ask about lighting.
I can respond to what I see in the pictures but have nothing to add on a how-to.
Sorry.

Lew
The unhelpful critic

Well thank you for your not so helpful feedback... :) I know absolutely nothing about lighting either. LOL

One can look at these pictures and infer some things.
I think that the clothing choices for the time and poses just don't work here. Those totally skanky stockings just peering out and attracting attention; not good attention.
I would chalk this up to a plethora of bad choices, a perfect storm of them.
But, speaking as a guy, she does have big boobies and she seems to be proud of them.

The first photo makes me think " soooo, lisbeth salander is modeling these days?" likes to anyone who gets the reference.

With no comment on the model or clothing, the B&W conversions are muddy and she's got a green cast in the first one, and is super orange in the last 2. She may just be orange, who knows, but I probably would've chose white or silver to reflect on her instead of gold (the 4th one)

I was using the silver reflector and the photographer purposely used his gold reflector. I understand what you mean especially when we were already shooting at sunset. How do I fix the muddy issues in my b/w conversions?

I was using the silver reflector and the photographer purposely used his gold reflector. I understand what you mean especially when we were already shooting at sunset. How do I fix the muddy issues in my b/w conversions?

How are you doing the conversions?

Great now I gotta Google again!! lol

Most reactions

Back