What's new

C&C !

shameless self bump.
Who bumps a thread when such thread is already at the top of the forum? :)

I wouldn't mind the vast amount of negative space if we weren't missing out on the details of the real "action" (top right quarter). I feel that I want to appreciate the details on the cat's face, but the composition you chose (coupled with the posting size) is not helping the matter.

I'm not qualified to give a serious opinion on the lighting, sorry.
 
shameless self bump.
Who bumps a thread when such thread is already at the top of the forum? :)

I wouldn't mind the vast amount of negative space if we weren't missing out on the details of the real "action" (top right quarter). I feel that I want to appreciate the details on the cat's face, but the composition you chose (coupled with the posting size) is not helping the matter.

I'm not qualified to give a serious opinion on the lighting, sorry.

Thats definitely one way to look at it - I honestly hadnt looked at it that way, but it makes sense. Definitely something I will consider next time I take a cat picture (TPF loves cat pictures :D )
 
^ and landed on Tevo's head!


shot vertically, we would have more cat, less wall! Better detail. Crop it that way and repost.. want to see it! Cats are great subjects.. but it is often their faces that make the picture.... need more face! :) This looks like a "hmmmpphh.. you and that damn camera again" pose..... emphasize it!
 
^ and landed on Tevo's head!


shot vertically, we would have more cat, less wall! Better detail. Crop it that way and repost.. want to see it! Cats are great subjects.. but it is often their faces that make the picture.... need more face! :) This looks like a "hmmmpphh.. you and that damn camera again" pose..... emphasize it!

22kvhh.jpg


How's this ? I actually like it, but I wasn't going for attention to the details on the cat's face - not to say that I think it looks bad - I just never thought of it that way. It actually makes more sense now that I think about it, and will go for that next time I compose a kitteh shot.
 
I wish I could view the edit!!

Anywho...the tabby is gorgeous. I have to agree that although I like the empty space- I would want the cat more the focus. I'm sure the edit accomplishes this, but I wanted to give you my opinion.
I do believe that if the cats eyes were open, then this composition would have been better. As if he's hunting/watching something. Of course, you know these things though....i'll go back to my corner!
 
I wish I could view the edit!!

Anywho...the tabby is gorgeous. I have to agree that although I like the empty space- I would want the cat more the focus. I'm sure the edit accomplishes this, but I wanted to give you my opinion.
I do believe that if the cats eyes were open, then this composition would have been better. As if he's hunting/watching something. Of course, you know these things though....i'll go back to my corner!

My cat is 'famous' for this content look with her eyes closed - which was captured quite well in this photo. Perhaps less empty space, but still some would be a better crop. Will experiment and post something, thanks for the reply!
 
I take it back- The edit is awesome!!!

Now that I decided that sleep is for the weak (2am), I could see that your cat does have quite the adorable smile.
LOVE IT
 
Useless comment number 4014 for the night ;

I really want to nuzzle the **** out of that kitty!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom