C&C

QuadTap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
bitofred.jpg

I think you missed the focus by "thismuch". It appears (to my unprofessional eye) to be right below your subject.

At first I thought it was selective coloring too, but if you look at the tree/branch, you can see hints of brownish-orange. I suppose there could be some toning, but I think this is full color.

I think you missed the focus by "thismuch". It appears (to my unprofessional eye) to be right below your subject.

At first I thought it was selective coloring too, but if you look at the tree/branch, you can see hints of brownish-orange. I suppose there could be some toning, but I think this is full color.

It also looks like selective coloring that comes from Photobucket, where you choose a circle area you want in color.

Red headed Woodpecker...

Attachments

• $WAG_072202_00364Z_L.jpg
    $WAG_072202_00364Z_L.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 52
lightroom 3.5 selective color

the focus was the best of a group. this was shot using a 15 year old quantaray handheld at 300mm in manual focus.

A good bird shot, although too bad about the softness - still would be a nice proof-size print. The background OOF branches are very nice. Cropping is tough, given that it's already soft, but if you crop about 10% off the top and maybe a little more than that on the left I think the composition becomes stronger.

I stand corrected! In that case, nice job on the selective coloring. Usually (in my humble opinion) it looks like crap. You picked a good image to use it on.

i just did about the best i could with the lens @ 300 w/ no VR manual and handheld + cheap quantaray

Last edited:
Do you have any image editing software?

The sharpness of the bird can be improved a great deal by using the right techniques.

You'll have to take my word on that, because you don't allow edits I can't show you.

Last edited:
Do you have any image editing software?

The sharpness of the bird can be improved a great deal by using the right techniques.

You'll have to take my word on that, because you don't allow edits I can't show you.

i changed the setting... feel free

and yes i have lighroom 3.5 and gimp 2.6

Most reactions

Back