C&C's pretty please!!!

FoggyLens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trishmeeks.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these back in Sept. C&C's would be loved.. :)

5655089_orig.jpg

8313214_orig.jpg

#1 needs to be straightened. I like the composition of #2 better. Seems processed a little harsh, a shadow close left and not enough fill light on the grass nearest and the sky is blown out.

Both hold promise, I think they're good compositions, you just need a little tweaking in PP.

#1 needs to be straightened. I like the composition of #2 better. Seems processed a little harsh, a shadow close left and not enough fill light on the grass nearest and the sky is blown out.

Both hold promise, I think they're good compositions, you just need a little tweaking in PP.

+1 :thumbup:

Dave

I agree with the above. It looks like the white balance was either set or adjusted too warm (too much red). That combined with a vivid picture control setting would give colors like this. When I first got my D90, I used settings suggested by Ken Rockwell that produced shots that looked exactly like this. That was the last time I listened to Ken Rockwell. The composition is nice though.

Thanks all!! I really appreciate all the comments! I have been reading alot of stuff from Ken Rockwell..lol. Thats just funny! :lmao: I will stop listening to him! lol..

Yes. A couple of nice photographs.

As mentioned, it's a bit troubling to see horizon lines tilted, especially in scenes with water. The "mind's eye" tell us something is wrong, as water always seeks the lowest level.

Remember... photography, fine art photography in particular, is not and should not be considered an attempt to make a facsimile reproduction of a scene as it exits. An artist makes choices about what detail to include, the overall warmth of an image, ratios of highlight and shadow. It's good to know how to achieve an absolute rendition of a scene, but it is seldom the goal. The photographer has control of what he or she will present, revealing a personal perspective or uncovering a hidden beauty, etc.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back