Cadillac Ranch

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The art installation Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo (TX). Hope you like the pictures as much as I liked being there.
c&c welcome.

sherrif083.jpg

sherrif086.jpg

sherrif087.jpg

sherrif089.jpg

5 (I know, colors are crazy)
sherrif084.jpg

thanks for looking,

pascal

Nice work. I see you're continuing to have fun on your walk-about.

I seem to remember seeing photos or perhaps postcards of this place, possibly from decades ago. The vehicles at that time were pristine.

I was a bit taken aback at first look at them now.

Nice work. I see you're continuing to have fun on your walk-about.

I seem to remember seeing photos or perhaps postcards of this place, possibly from decades ago. The vehicles at that time were pristine.

I was a bit taken aback at first look at them now.

:D even visited Albuquerque (10 minutes). Nice!

About the Cadillacs, look it up; they go from complete black to complete white to complete pink to completely covered in graffiti. Visitors are encouraged to put their tag on the cars (I did too of course).

pascal

This place was cool -- didn't have a camera when I visited :(

Open up your engines let 'em roar tearing up the highway like a big old dinosaur

interesting! not seen anything like that before. Nice shots, too. I think with some off camera lighting and at dusk you could get some really cool shots here.

One of these days I think I'm going to do an old Route 66 photography trip. Alot of the old attractions are there still, but in varying stages of decay. I've driven Route 40 many times, but no camera in hand, and alot of it parallels the old Route 66.

Interesting shots :)

I hope they find Joe Mauro soon, tho.

What a hoot! I didn't know such an art installation existed! What great colours on the graffiti'd cars.

Did you take a pic of your tag?? (#3 seems to be zoomed in, so I was wondering it that's where you tagged it)

thanks

This place was cool -- didn't have a camera when I visited :(

:thumbdown: what were you thinking!! :lol::lol:

Nice pics. That second one looks like a '59. In pristine condition, those are worth a nice chunk of change nowadays.

thanks. I would love to own one of these (not having the front end burried, that is)

Open up your engines let 'em roar tearing up the highway like a big old dinosaur

ha, after the visit, I got into my modern rental car...not much roaring going on...:blushing:

interesting! not seen anything like that before. Nice shots, too. I think with some off camera lighting and at dusk you could get some really cool shots here.

true. this was around 3 pm. And it was so hot, I could only stand it for 10 minutes. But I'd love to go back at dusk.

Interesting shots :)

I hope they find Joe Mauro soon, tho.

I heard he doesn't live up to the hype...(lol, no idea who he is)

What a hoot! I didn't know such an art installation existed! What great colours on the graffiti'd cars.

Did you take a pic of your tag?? (#3 seems to be zoomed in, so I was wondering it that's where you tagged it)

glad you like it. No, the close up is not my tag. You can see me giving Banksy a run for his money here:
sherrif080.jpg

:lol:

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back