michakac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
***I know that's a mistake in the title-sorry :p

Yesterday my friend's mather asked me to take some pictures in her cafe to the menu and website ;).
After school i went by bus to the cafe and I was there to about 9 pm o clock.
Here are some of the results:

1:
46481924.jpg

2:
21699620.jpg

3:
73864530.jpg

4:
18087473.jpg

5:
97402759.jpg

Last edited:
Like them!
On last one I think it's a little obvious that the smoke is added in photoshop???

I think a little more DOF I think would be a little better... More... catalog? I love them otherwise...

Thank you all,later i'll post more photos ;).
JMBriggs- maybe you are right but i have to do this photos on really small table and i've got ugly background so i've decided to use really small dof ;).

I see. Yeah a super shallow DOF is way better then a crappy background! Nothing ruins a pic faster!

You did a very nice job! Food photography is so specialized and can be really tricky and these really are great shots. You have a few that are incredibly tight to the point that the saucer is cropped or touching the edge. I'd also caution you to be aware of shooting for possible print, I am guessing she wants these for a website or such, but if she wanted 8x10's of several of these it'd be a print problem.

Espresso:
k5male.jpg

Latte macchiato- I know the DOF is extremally small but that was the idea :)(more plastic than sharp):
k13v2m.jpg

Ps. in all of these shots I used flash with homemade softbox (I used carton and trancind to made it. First it was for my macro photos but it's really nice in portrait and all other types of photography) and 2nd lamp through transparent umbrella :)

Here you can see, how does it looks like:
959930.jpeg

And results: (left only flash, right flash with softbox)
959931.jpeg

Last edited:
personally I believe 1, 2, 3 are the strongest along with # 6 you posted here.

Really digging photo 1 except for the insignia inside of the cup. At first glance it looked like a bug to me and made me take a second look. It's a bit distracting.

I like several of them. Some feel like they have a bit too many props and it takes away from the main object, the drink! I don't mind the DOF, I think it keeps you focused on the details of the drink without letting your eye wander too far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back