What's new

Camera advice for a specific use

Firstfoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
First post here so be kind

I am looking for a expert opinion for choosing a digital camera to take photos of monitor´s principally to compare after to other monitor´s pictures. Most photos will be of the whole screen and most would be like this Flickr: rui_bexiga's Photostream but I also will take "normal pictures" of nature, people, computer graphics etc
The principal for me is to accurately compare to my friend´s pictures and so features like geotaging, movie recording, compact in size, fast shutter and good outdoor performance etc are less important.

I think I will need a camera with accurate colors that passes well this test http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...view/Color.htm What do you guys think?

I can go as far as 500 eur but I am willing to buy in Ebay even old one´s eg 2009 slr´s if better Can you advice me such a camera?


Sorry for my bad English


Thanks in advance
 
Why take pictures?
Why not do a screen capture and save it?

The porpose is to review monitors not the apps that take printscreens you will notice that the pics in the OP are patterns to test monitors.

Thanks
 
The 'app that takes printscreens' just dumps the video buffer to a file in a jpg format.
It certainly has less variability than introducing another set of variables in the form of a sensor, ambient light, post-processing and viewing, etc.
 
How could a screenshot possibly provide any information about the monitor it's being displayed on?
 
That I would like to know, it would save me a few bucks :) what I know is that not all printscreen images are the same it varies from the app used eg print screen from windows vista is worse then a app I seen oa few years ago.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom