Camera and Lense Opinions Welcome

juju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,my fiancee and myself are both very keen amateur photographers with her having more of an eye for a shot and me being the only one able to use the pc for editing etcwe are currently using a Canon Eos 350 and 400D to carry out all our shots which currently are mainly Portrait work and some product work. i really want to purchase a fixed focul length lense for our portrait work as i feel it could improve the quality a lot more. we use a studio setup with 2 x flash heads one reflected and one defused and we have a white backdrop. we have had some fantastic results but would be really interested to know if anyone had any advice on a paticular lense or even camera change.we have a very basic website set up at www.christinehoadphotography.co.uk with a very small amount of our pics on just mainly to test out the site and get it up and running.please feel free to comment honestly

50mm 1.8 would be a great investment. Since you have lighting you wouldn't need the 1.4 from what I can tell...and on a budget it would be great.

With the crop factor you're looking at an 80mm lens, and that's great for portrait work...

You could always get the 1.4 if you want a more quality lens, but it's not necessary.

Also, one thing I noticed about the pictures, is that every single one is perfectly centered. Personally I can't stand centered pictures in MOST cases. Sometimes it works, but a lot of the time it's better to either crop off some of one side, or to just compose the shot with the subject away from the center.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back