camera backpack?

I wish threads like this went in the equipment forum, but I guess a lot of people believe photography IS gear acquisition....

Thread moved over to the appropriate forum.

Probably slightly off topic, but...

Has anyone had any experience with the Tamrac S-114 harness system for their Pro series bags?

I was looking at their Pro 12 bag, and was wondering if the S-114 was worth having. I tend to prefer the regular bags over the backpacks, but I can see where having a pack would be handy.

The S-114 could probably be stashed in the bag, or in a small accessory pouch attached to it, for times when I might need to carry it on my back.
I can't imagine the cost will be too outrageous that if you get it and really doesn't work out you just don't use it. Better yet is there a store nearby that you can try it out??.

and what about if it rains? what do you do then?

I haven't had the bag in the rain. I would fully trust it if I just had to walk briefly in the rain with it. It has a flap that covers the zipper which would help keep water out. I wouldn't spend very much time in the rain with it though without a rain cover...though I never shoot in the rain so it's not an issue for me.

Nikon shooter using a Canon bag, LOL... Kind of like when I bought my 17-40mm L they put it in a Nikon bag... Sorry but I found that comical...

I debated on whether to get this bag because of that but it was a good deal and I'm happy that I did. Now...after the fact I find it kind of funny. It's almost like a security system.....nobody will steal it since they all think it's canon gear and not Nikon...:lol:

I can't imagine the cost will be too outrageous that if you get it and really doesn't work out you just don't use it. Better yet is there a store nearby that you can try it out??.

List is like 35 bucks on it, (the S-114) so it'd not be that bad if I didn't like it. The only store close to me that I know offhand is a Ritz, and the one time I went in, I wasn't impressed at all. Worst case, I decide it's junk and maybe eBay it to recover some of the cost.

Think I may do a Google search on shops in Pierce/King counties and see if there's someplace I can look at it.

This is why you leave the cameras to the camera companies and the bags to the bag companies.
Good advice. I just ordered a Domke F-2 from B&H. I've never used a Domke bag before, but from everything I've heard they pretty much last forever.

i also have the canon 200eg...and yes, it carries all my nikon gear lol.

i love the bag. great customizable comparments (as most camera specific bags are), has more than enough room for my gear (see sig).
one thing that i think was overlooked about this bag as a big plus is price point.
now i know there are those that will say "i will gladly spend $200 to secure over $1000 worth of photo equipment", but i, for one, am not someone who can really justify a bag of that cost, and besides...i trust this bag to perform. ive seen the 200eg on amazon for $40 +shipping, or $90 at best buy. i happened upon a guy on craigs who had 2 of them brand new, and was willing to let both go for 50.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back