camera bag question

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I realize like a camera, that choosing a bag for it and other accessories is a personal choice based on needs etc. My problem is this - I have neuropothy [numbness] in my fingers and feet due to high dose chemo therapy over the past 6 months. This makes opening the seemingly standard "clip" closure system difficult for me. I can't afford anything to expensive, I would prefer a back pack type bag if possible and one that uses zippers as opposed to the clips that have to be squeezed together to get them to open and close. Does anyone know of a bag that comes with zippers? I have been looking at Tamarac etc. lots of other brands too and they all seem to have the clip closures. My search is turning into something similar to the handicap accessible hiking trail my husband and I were on the other day [Schuylkill River Trail in PA] --- flat, but absolutely No benches to rest on.... Any suggestions on a bag would be greatly appreciated. It seems these days most everything is designed with the young and nimble in mind.:( I have a Sony A100 with a 70-210 lens, plus two smaller lenses and some filters.
Thanks in advance.

Can you get to a good camera store? A well stocked camera store should have a good selection of bags to choose from.

I like Lowepro bags, but the 'big names' are all pretty good.

I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW. It does have some clips but I don't need to do them up. The main compartments are closed with zippers.

I find backpacks good for carrying the gear, but a real pain when you need to get stuff in or out. Maybe consider a sling style bag as well.

Thanks Mike. :thumbup: There is a camera shop in a nearby mall, but its small and their bags are limited. However There is a Cardinal Camera store, which wouldn't be too far of a drive from here. I'll have to check it out. Perhaps they will have something I can use.

When I bought my backpack, I researched it on-line and thought that I had the perfect bag picked out. Then I went to the store and saw that it was really too small for me and my gear.

That's why I think it's important to actually see them in person before you buy. Plus, it will give you a chance to try out the zippers etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back