camera case / bag

phildaint

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have just got myself a 400d with the 18 - 55mm lens and am now after a case, i will soon be buying extras such as a flash and a bigger lens. i do lots of mountain biking so i need the case to be small enough to fit into my bag but sturdy enough for me not to worry about small knocks. any ideas or recommendations? ideally i want to spend as little as possible but i will go to around 25 pounds. i will want to buy it form either:
www.amazon.co.uk
www.ebay.co.uk
but i would consider other uk online shops

cheers, phil

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For decent quality at that price, I would look at Lowepro or Tamrac second-hand from Ebay. You will see various cheap no-name bags there but I wouldn't take the risk of the straps coming off while you're on the bike.

but I wouldn't take the risk of the straps coming off while you're on the bike.

i want the one that i buy to fit into by rucksack, so i wont have to worry about the straps coming off :D

sorry i didnt make it clear

Oh right, sorry I missed the bit about fitting into a bag... well the problem here is that the two main types of bag which hold large amounts of kit - backpack or shoulder bag - are going to be too large to fit into another rucksack. For your needs you are probably looking at a top-loader, a bit like this (just an example), but bear in mind that this will probably only hold the camera with one lens attached - extra lenses or flashes will need separate cases.

I have the Velocity 7 and i have put it into other backpacks, it has worked out well for me.

Unless you are absolutely in love with your backpack now you might justw ant to find a camera backpack that has storage space on top for water or jackets and w/e and on the bottom camera area. Sorry I dont have any names or links handy

Most reactions

Back