Camera for action shots in the $750 price range

Used D300 and 300mm f4 af-d or 180mm f2.8 af-d?

^^^Good Choice Mully

In response to you Sony advocates... Sony makes great cameras but even when I am shooting surfing I don't spray'n pray.

Who said anything about spray and pray? It's simple math that would with higher FPS you can capture more of the action.

It's also simple math that you will be sitting at your PC for hours going through mostly junk for a few keepers

^^^Good Choice Mully

In response to you Sony advocates... Sony makes great cameras but even when I am shooting surfing I don't spray'n pray.

Who said anything about spray and pray? It's simple math that would with higher FPS you can capture more of the action.

It's also simple math that you will be sitting at your PC for hours going through mostly junk for a few keepers

So the latest and greatest anti Sony argument is more FPS is bad. Got it. :D

Well, you can buy a used Canon 7D for about $900-$1000. It has 19 autofocus points and shoots at 8 FPS.

Or you can look into the camera that I have, a Canon 1D Mark II for about $450. It's older but it still works great. It has 45 autofocus points and shoots at 8 FPS

So the latest and greatest anti Sony argument is more FPS is bad. Got it. :D

I'm not anti-sony. Just anti-spray and pray. To each their own I guess.

This will never end, so many options are out there and thats without considering buying a used camera.
All modern cameras give excellent results, each camera has its strengh and weakness.
Nikon D300s is also a good camera but personaly I rather go with the D7000 (which I have).
Sony, Canon, Nikon......etc We are all brothers and sisters here and dont need to get angry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back