Camera Level?

i dont think i'd buy one because you cant take a picture and look at the level at the same time right? on the other hand, if using it on a tripod, maybe its a good thing, but a lot of tripods come with one built in so i dont know if you'd need one if you had it in the tripod....

I believe the most common use is to ensure straight horizons especially for panoramic images.

And if you don't mind me being cheeky... if you need to ask what it's for, you probably don't need one ;)

My tripod has a spirit level and so does the head on top of the tripod. I don't think I've ever looked at either when composing a shot. Then again, I don't make panoramic images. If you do and are having trouble getting them straight then I can see a spirit level might be useful.

yes, a bubble level that fits in a hot shoe is available.

I think that if you are into landscape photography and your tripod does not have a spirit level, this is an essential piece of kit to get straight horizons (even if you don't shoot panoramic images). Of course, if you shoot digital, you can also straighten the horizon in Photoshop but that also means cropping the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back