Camera memory card error

Emily856

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When using camera, a memory card error was given and all stored photos inside this camera memory card could not be used. Picking this card out and connecting it to computer via a card Reader, a not formatted error message was also given. And the stored stuffs also could not be accessed. Is there something wrong with my camera memory card? Do I have to format this memory card for accessing? Is it possible for me to rescue these stored stuffs? Any idea? Please answer me soon! Thanks!!

Try a different computer, or a different operating system entirely. Does the memory card reader need driver software installed on the machine to use the device? Have you USED the memory card reader before, on that machine? Is the computer "aware of" the hardware? Windows? Macintosh? Linnux?

More information is needed. How large is the memory card, and what camera was it used in? SOME cameras can NOT use large memory cards, due to OS limitations of partition sizes.

Have you tried to test it with CHDSK to see whether it is still healthy?

In fact, as I know, the not formatted error or memory card error problem is not as difficult as you think. Your remained data inside this camera memory card may be not really lost yet.
Here are detailed steps for you to rescue your contents there:
1). Do not overwrite this camera card in case of real data loss problems.

2). Scan your card with data recovery software to see whether all of your wanted contents inside could be restored. There are always many data recovery tools online. Just select one for your USB flash drive, like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free, 4Card Recovery and PhotoRec, etc.

3). Save and back up all restored data on a different drive or card in case of data loss.

Never forget to make data backup again in the future.

Yes, try this camera memory card on another computer or change another card Reader. Also get the same memory card error?
If so, you memory card may really get some problems. Firstly rescuing the stored data back successfully is really necessary.
So, just take chances with some card data recovery software online. And then, format this memory card to check whether the possible card problems could be fixed.
Here, read more information to rescue your card data:
4cardrecovery.com/howto/memory-card-photo-video-recovery.html
Prepare data backups all the time in the future.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back