Camera That Could Change It All

Pffft. I already have like three of these. I'm pretty sure one is propping my closet door open. Now, if you'll excuse me, Bill Gates is calling to borrow some money.

At last something truly new on the dSLR market. Those cameras are not designed around an old 35mm SLR platform.
It's not an SLR. dSLR != "any expensive digital still camera"

You'll see that much of their design in this new SLR comes directly from that arena.
Not an SLR.

they screwed themselves competitively with pricing. I really do not understand how the expect to sell anything.
Nope. They're not really trying to compete with anyone. They're offering a product no one else offers, and they're trying to sell it to people that need it and can afford it. And to those people they will sell plenty.

My brother shoots with these...he loves them.

Good. For the rest of us, it´s an idea of what one day will be within our reach.

:thumbup:

Quite right but I did not what else to call it.

Yup... I just didn't know what else to call it. "SLR" the term is actually used quite incorrectly in many forums, but most people know and understand "what they mean". Technically many P&S cameras are SLRs too.. but people would be confused if you started using the term "SLR" to refer to P&S cameras.

I guess we should actually use the terms RED is using: DSMC (Digital Still and Motion Camera).

My bro just answered an IM about renting these
you usually have to employ an extra person to look after the file-management system which is a huge task. It comes with a laptop, Red software, tons of HDD's etc etc... about $2000+ per day. Beautiful results though... Peter Jackson made a short WWI film about 2 years ago with one just before they were released on the market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back