Camera upgrade - Should i trust in reviews?

Thurbis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, im from Brazilian, if you dont understand the text, it's because my english is so bad

I have a big issue, my camera is a Rebel T6 and i want make a upgrade but i have a lot of questions unsolved.

My 2 options are the Canon 80D and Canon 6D Mark II, i want shoot landscape, nature and some architecture and portraits.

If i choose the Canon 80D i will have some lenses --> Canon 10-18 + 50mm 1,8 + 18-135 + 18-55 + 75-300 + 60mm 2,8 macro.

If i choose the Canon 6D Mark II i will have others lenses --> Canon 50mm + Canon 75-300 + 17-40 F4 + 24-70 F4.

I will be honest, i want upgrade for a full frame because in the future i can use the same lenses and i want try take a shots with a full frame but im very afraid because a lot of peoples and reviews said bad thing about the dynamic range and noise at the base ISO on the 6D Mark II, this is the only reason for i dont buy the câmera.

Should i trust on reviews? The 6d mark ii its so bad?

The 80d its a better choise?

Can i consider the 6d?

Thank you my friends, I'm sure you will help me choose and stop going crazy with this indecision.

Have a good day

Hello and welcome, good luck with your choice.....

Here is what I usually think.
The reviews are for reference only. They give you a general idea about an equipment. The technical reviews give you, yes, more technical data about the equipment. But does it matter to you? Well, maybe yes, maybe no.

If you are the type of person who always regrets, then take those reviews very seriously. It's because it will always haunt you. "Man! I should have listen. Look at all my photos. My photos will be better if I bought the better one 2 years ago".

For me, I will also take a look at what others can do with that equipment.

Canon EOS 6D Mark II
Canon EOS 80D

Did you see any beautiful images there? I did and that means both are great cameras. Keep in mind though, I personally believe the photographer is the reason for the great image. I personally own the 6D MKII (Just got it couple months ago) and you can call me bias but I really think it is pretty good for a entry level full frame body. Definitely a improvement over my 7D mk1 and 40D. Every camera has limitation, we just need to work around them.

For the most part, I know once the photo have a good exposure, it should come out decent even with some noise.

Like this one here. 40D with 85mm f/2, 1/400 & ISO1600. It is not too bad.
6894476648_c403266e12_b.jpg

In my opinion, reviews are just for reference so that you know the pros and cons about the equipment. It is up to you if you really want to go to full frame camera or not. If the answer is yes, why not? If the answer is no and you are worry how the reviews said about the 6D MK2, then go with the 80D.

I have the 6D mark II. It is great. I would get it again. Reviews often get into minutia that are not always pertinent to day to day shooting.

Most reactions

Back