Camera with Full Manual Settings Control

harishkumar09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys,
I am looking for a camera with full manual settings control, apart from Aperture Priority and Shutter Speed priority. I should be able to manually set the Aperture and Shutter Speed of my choice. My budget is around $200. I prefer Canon.

What is your definition of "Full Manual"? Shutter, aperture, and ISO? That plus white balance? For $200, you're in the lower to mid-range point & shoot cameras. These will have P, S, A, and M modes.

A quick search brought up the Nikon Coolpix s6100 and the Canon Powershot SX130, $199.95 and $229.99 respectively.

Nikon Coolpix
Canon Powershot

I would definitely spend the extra thirty dollars and buy the Powershot, it has the PSAM modes but the Coolpix only has P. To get decent manual functions short of buying a DSLR, $250 to about $450 is a pretty good price range.

*edit*

I just found the the Nikon Coolpix P8100 for $205 from Adorama through Amazon. For the price, it should fit your needs...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Maybe find a used Panasonic for that price. FZ38, or earlier model. Raw capture and a nice lens, built-in.

No need to tweak the ISO?

If you can, try to find an old SLR. A canon 30D or similar.

Sir, there is a box surrounding your post.

Sir, there is a box surrounding your post.

What is your definition of "Full Manual"? Shutter, aperture, and ISO? That plus white balance? For $200, you're in the lower to mid-range point & shoot cameras. These will have P, S, A, and M modes.

A quick search brought up the Nikon Coolpix s6100 and the Canon Powershot SX130, $199.95 and $229.99 respectively.

Nikon Coolpix
Canon Powershot

I would definitely spend the extra thirty dollars and buy the Powershot, it has the PSAM modes but the Coolpix only has P. To get decent manual functions short of buying a DSLR, $250 to about $450 is a pretty good price range.

*edit*

I just found the the Nikon Coolpix P8100 for $205 from Adorama through Amazon. For the price, it should fit your needs...

Maybe find a used Panasonic for that price. FZ38, or earlier model. Raw capture and a nice lens, built-in.

No need to tweak the ISO?

My Canon Powershot SX130IS has a full manual mode!

If you can, try to find an old SLR. A canon 30D or similar.

I thank all of you for your replies. This will help me make a decision. And tevo, I observed that as well and wonder why the box is there?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi TCD Photography, what does P,S,A and M mean. I guess two of them stand for Shutter and Aperture, what about the other two? Thanks!

Manual and Program

Manual is what it says, shutter, aperture, and ISO are set manually.

Program is somewhere between manual and automatic. More control than auto and less than manual. I've read that some cameras call manual mode 'program mode'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back